“Fantastic Night!”
Review of Surf Suites Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wrightsville Beach
Surf Suites Motel
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I recently stayed at Surf Suites for one night while on my way to another vacation spot. I had found it on the internet and thought I had good directions but got lost anyway. When I called the front desk the man there was as nice as he could be and gave me some directions. I got lost again and called back and he was so very helpful. When I arrived it was a beautiful place and the room was perfect with the most awesome balcony looking right into the sun coming up over the ocean. The only problem I had was the door to the balcony stuck just a little (from a new seal that had been put on it) and when I called the front desk he came right up and opened it for me. The next morning the desk person was just as nice and friendly. I will definitely plan to go back again soon and stay the weekend. This place gets both thumbs up from me!

Room Tip: All the rooms face the ocean so I don't think any one is better than another
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed January 15, 2013

The freedom to come to the beach without breaking the bank brings out the dream of getting to the beach more often. The Surf Motel Suites gave affordable prices for a priceless view straight across the final feet of sands and into the surf. Though the building is older, the suites (bedroom, bath, living room, full kitchen wall, full balcony) are staged well with up to date furniture and accessories. The staff was able to accommodate our request for an earlier check in. Sitting in the living room with the door open we listened to the surf for hours, when we weren't walking the beach!

Room Tip: We asked to be above the first floor so that we had better view of the surf. For those who like pat...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BobbiCornelius_NC
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Every time my husband and I travel to Wilmington or Wrightsville Beach, we stay here. The suites are large and comfortable with sink, fridge, etc. It always feels clean and secure. The guys at the desk are relaxed and accommodating - giving us ideas of things to go see and do. We will continue to stay here - we love this place!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at the Surf Suites for eight days. What a great set up! Very spacious and clean. The views from the balcony - yes a full balcony! - are really unparalleled on WB. King sized bed, pullout couch, dishwasher, full refrigerator and plenty of room to spread out without 'junking' up the place. If I had a concern, it would be that the kitchen, with a four burner stove and coffee maker was not fully functional. We only had a spatula for kitchen equipment, in addition to one kitchen knife. My feeling is that if we would have asked, it would have been provided. Staff was very friendly and helpful. There is an elevator there to reach the higher floors. We stayed in 409 and appreciated the views from the upper floor. ( I heard that Room 412 is the best). The pool was open and clean. They have a spot to rinse off your feet or equipment. A great stay all around! I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the southern end of the hotel and upper floors for the best views
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Rudibee
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This is a great place to stay on Wrightsville Beach, its like having your own home. Full Kitchen, separate bedroom with king bed, and living area with pull out couch. The suite was very large and well kept. Room service was everyday and there were plenty of items in the kitchen to make you feel like home. The view was fantastic for a "sunrise" on the beach. Each unit has a balcony that overlooks the ocean. Great for families that need to save on food, you have everything at your fingertips to enjoy meals in the room!

Room Tip: All the rooms are on the ocean, lower first floor has a patio, while the other floors have a balcony...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Linda G
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Two great weeks. That is what we've just had at The Surf Suites. We have been coming to Surf Suites for over 20 years and these two weeks have been the best. The place looks better than it ever has, and the staff, one and all, have been just wonderful. It is hard to improve on such a wonderful location but things sure have gotten nicer.

Room Tip: All rooms are oceanfront with your own private balcony. Every room will give you the sight and soun...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 2beachbuddies
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I read a lot of reviews before booking at Surf Suites. It came between this or another and I am so glad we picked these suites. The location is absolutely perfect. The suites all face the beach. There were just 2 of us so the suite had plenty of room. We were able to take the small walk way to the beach everyday. They have a shower to rinse your feet when you come back. The room was clean and quiet. Overall I was very happy with the value, service and room.

Room Tip: Pick the 3rd or 4th floor because of the view and if you ask the front desk they have beach chairs y...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
#2 of 19 in Carolina Beach
Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center
Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville ...
#2 of 9 in Wrightsville Beach

Been to Surf Suites Motel? Share your experiences!