Tripadvisor
Wrightsville Beach
1,275 results
All reviews half bath indoor and outdoor pools ocean view beach chairs living room beach wedding beautiful beach hotel restaurant the entire staff balcony meredith wilmington conference condo marsh units dunes
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I call this place our getaway resort to rest, rejuvenate and relax. We stayed here many years ago and now that our children are all grown we went back to visit in December and in January (last weekend). On our first intial visit we stayed on the 6th floor in an end unit and we had a very relaxing time. No major compliants with the exception of them being stingy with the towels because I love to have extra towels, rude people over us who kept moving chairs around seemingly all night and the front desk denying us a late checkout (and it's the off season) unless we paid an extra $15! All and all a very wonderful trip with a very friendly hotel staff with the exception of the one person.

On this particular trip we checked in on 1/18/2020 for two nights. Check-in went smoothly we were given a room on the 8th floor and thus began our troubles. Upon entering the room I found that the kitchenette countertop had dried red juice stains, the burners had not been cleaned and the refrigerator had not been wiped out. Upon further inspection we found that the bedding well the pillowcases had not been changed which gave me an ill feeling regarding whether the sheets had actually been changed or not.

We immediately contacted the front desk and Shane bless his heart sent someone right up to make things right for us. We met a wonderful young lady by the name of Casey and she was very apologetic for something that was not her fault and immediately went to set things straight for us. After recleaning what should have been done correctly in the first place! Casey made sure that we were comfortable that our bedding was replaced and that everything was indeed to our satisfaction.

For Shane's part he comped us for our inconveince and promised that all wrongs would be handled for our troubles. While I wish that I could say that everything was smooth sailing after that fiasco it wasn't. We ordered breakfast the next two mornings courtesy of the hotel and our omlettes were burned beyond being enjoyable for eating.

All and all a nice hotel but had it not been for Shane's courteous professional managment style and Casey being caring and taking the time to cleanup behind someone else our entire weekend would have been ruined. I feel that they both deserve some type of reward or definitely a raise and that whomever cleaned room 819 in housekeeping needs to go back and be retrained. If we didn't have these problems I would definitely give this place 5 stars!

Big, big kudos to both Shane and Casey...thanks for saving our weekend.

Date of stay: January 2020
Richard G, Guest Relations Manager at Shell Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review. While it pains me to hear your experience was less than what we expect to be our quality standard, it is with mention of such items that we are able to address the issue and continue to improve. Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff. We strive to achieve 100% customer satisfaction regardless of scenario. Your comments, both good and bad, have been passed along to the appropriate departments and we look forward to having you as a guest again in the future.

Reviewed January 21, 2020

If you are planning a group event get the deal in writing. Our group was told that the parking fee would be waived, yet not only was I charged but so was a family member who rode with me and didn't even have a vehicle. The facility and location were lovely, but it's disappointing that people go back on their word.

Date of stay: January 2020
Richard G, Guest Relations Manager at Shell Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for your review. While I am unaware about the conditions of your group contract, I can say that under normal circumstances the parking fee is simply part of the daily resort fees that are charged per day, and are included in your final price which is given to you at the time of booking the reservation. Parking fees are not added on after booking. This would be reflected on your confirmation you received. In regard to the parking fee specifically, it is charged per unit per day, along with the environmental fee which goes to the town of Wrightsville for beach cleanup. You are only charged 1 parking fee per day, regardless of vehicle quantity, be it multiple vehicles or zero vehicles.

Reviewed January 20, 2020

My wife and I have visited Shell Island twice recently for each of our birthdays. The Resort is Excellent in facility and location at the end of Wrightsville Beach. The staff is great and a special shout out to Simone who has made sure out booking was accommodated with our special request. This is our Special Place and we will return.

Date of stay: January 2020
Richard G, Guest Relations Manager at Shell Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2020

Thank you for your review! We strive for excellence here at Shell Island and it is always good to know people have found a special place to return to whenever they so choose. We will be sure to share your kind words with Simone as well. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed January 16, 2020

I attended a conference here recently. The ocean view is lovely. I thank Bonnie, Adam and Tom for their hard work in making the stay so pleasant. The room was very nice and clean. It was a very nice location for a business conference.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for your review. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, even though most of your time was probably devoted to the conference and not the beach. We are especially delighted that the fine customer service skills of Bonnie, Adam and Tom all helped make your stay a memorable one. Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Shell Island Resort.

Reviewed January 16, 2020

We were lucky enough to have our annual manager conference here. The view from the room & banquet area were truly amazing!! Simone & Dylan at the front desk made us feel welcome and were so helpful from making check in super easy to calling pizza delivery for us. Adam made sure we were well taken care of during our meeting & the entire staff was just so friendly.
I highly recommend for business or pleasure!

Trip type: Traveled on business

We are honored to have you and your associates as our guests year after year. Thank you for your kind words. We will be sharing them with Simone and Dylan without a doubt. We look forward to seeing you and your team again in the future!