1,275 results
All reviews half bath indoor and outdoor pools ocean view beach chairs living room beach wedding beautiful beach hotel restaurant the entire staff balcony meredith wilmington conference condo marsh units dunes
Selected filters
Reviewed January 16, 2020

We were lucky enough to have our annual manager conference here. The view from the room & banquet area were truly amazing!! Simone & Dylan at the front desk made us feel welcome and were so helpful from making check in super easy to calling pizza delivery for us. Adam made sure we were well taken care of during our meeting & the entire staff was just so friendly.
I highly recommend for business or pleasure!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled on business
Richard G, Guest Relations Manager at Shell Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2020

We are honored to have you and your associates as our guests year after year. Thank you for your kind words. We will be sharing them with Simone and Dylan without a doubt. We look forward to seeing you and your team again in the future!

Reviewed January 15, 2020

Beautiful location, delicious food, and incredible staff! Bonnie, Tom, and Adam excelled in making our conference memorable, comfortable, and a great experience. I will return for fun with my family this spring!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for your kind words! It means a lot to us to hear we've accomplished our ultimate goal of making everyone's stay not only an enjoyable one, but a memorable one. Thank you again for staying with us!

Reviewed December 7, 2019

I never leave negative reviews. I am generally very easy going. I have here before and thought it was pretty decent.

However, I have lan to check out tomorrow and never come back. I don’t know what the party under my room is for, but it has kept my two kids up half the night. Why, do they think this is a nightclub? The noise is very loud and when I brought it up, the manager gave me no reason to believe he was doing anything about it. Disrespectful.

Don’t stay here. I never will again.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank I625KSthomasm
Richard G, Guest Relations Manager at Shell Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2019

Thank you for your review. We apologize about the Chrismas party in the ballroom that evening. Typically people who are attending the events are place in the units over the ballrooms and there may have been a miscommunication and that may be the reason you were wrongfully put over the ballroom. Unfortunately had you spoken to any member of the Front Desk Management team, you would have been offered a room move but it looks as though that did not happen and for that I apologize. Thank you for staying with us at Shell Island Resort.

Reviewed December 4, 2019 via mobile

The word ‘Resort’ in the name is misleading as amenities provided don’t meet resort levels. This is more of an inn. We were not interested in a resort but I just wanted to clarify for those interested in staying in the future.

Our room was a typical beach front room with a kitchenette and separate bedroom. It was clean and adequate for our needs. The kitchenette was only suitable for a light breakfast or lunch. The bed was adequate but noisy.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Richard G, Guest Relations Manager at Shell Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2019

Thank you for your review. We apologize if some aspects of your stay were not as expected. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we hope to have you as a guest in the future. Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Shell Island Resort.

Reviewed November 2, 2019

The suite I was in was conducive to a multi-day stay at the beach for either a couple or a small family. One bedroom, but the kitchen/dining/living area could easily suffice for a few sleeping bags. The beach view was a wonderful thing to wake up to in the morning.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Richard G, Guest Relations Manager at Shell Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2019

Thank you for your review. We agree waking up to a view of the beautiful ocean is hard to beat. Our oceanfront suites are perfect for anyone travelling by themselves, or even with friends and family. We are glad your stay was enjoyable and hope to see you again in the future.