Shell Island Resort
Blockade Runner Beach Resort(Wrightsville Beach)(Great Value!)
$230
$223
Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach(Wrightsville Beach)(Great Value!)
$486
GardenInn.com
$164
Homewood
$107
TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
$125
Suburban Extended Stay of Wilmington(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
$99
1,153 results
All reviewshalf bathsmall balconyindoor and outdoor poolsliving areaocean viewseparate bedroomfamily vacationtwo double bedsbeautiful beachbeach weddingfull kitchenthe entire staffmeredithsuitewilmingtonconferencekitchenette
Reviewed October 30, 2013

When I read through these reviews & look at the pictures posted here I wonder if I stayed at the same property? My extended family vacationed here this summer -- we had four rooms on the same hallway.

The good - location, location, location. The beach is beautiful at this end of Wrightsville Beach - nuff said. Beautiful views from rooms - all of which are oceanfront. Balconies rather small though.

The bad - well I am looking through pictures of suites that other travelers have posted & can see we drew the short end of the straw in room assignment. This is a condo-type resort and the units are individually owned & decorated. Honestly, there needs to be a bit more oversight on the part of management. All the rooms we were in were fairly outdated -- one had what I would consider fairly dirty furniture in the living area including a cracked dining room table. Cheap accessories, just worn out looking -- for the price we paid, we were expecting much nicer -- like the updated units that are displayed on the website & here.

The pool area is small & wasn't really kept too clean. And it would be really nice if they took advantage of the beautiful location & there was a view of the beach.

Ate at the restaurant once - again, I am not a professional but why not take advantage of the beautiful location & get rid of the sterile white walls and inject a bit of ambience into the place? Prices, decor and quality of food at dinner made it a one-stop dining spot.

Yes, the staff was nice but at the prices charged in peak season you'd expect the accomodations to be five star -- they need to do a review of all the rooms and hold the owners accountable.

Room Tip: Ask to see pictures or request an updated room!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank blueinnc
KevinC485, General Manager at Shell Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear carolina1216,

We appreciate your business and thank you for staying at Shell Island Resort. We agree that the views of Wrightsville Beach and the ocean are fabulous from the resort and that we have the most beautiful stretch of beach on our island. This off season, there will be a major renovation project focusing on the rooms and the next time you are in the area, please call me at 910-256-8696. I will ensure that you get a room that is up to your standards. We hope to see you again at Wrightsville Beach soon!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel was one of the nicest I've ever stayed in! Very nice rooms, nice pool area, and right on the beach! Beautiful view of sunrise from our balcony facing the beach and beautiful view of the sunset from our front door/hallway overlooking the harbor. We brought our own beach chairs but otherwise they sell chairs on the beach.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear 617JG123,

We are happy you enjoyed your visit here at Shell Island Resort. We are in complete agreement that the sunrises on the beach and the sunsets along the marsh are the best in the country. I hope that you can come back soon to enjoy the quiet and clean beach which is perfect for a romantic weekend or a quick family getaway.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

What a great girls weekend at Shell Island Resort, the view was absolutely beautiful, the beach was quiet, clean and beautiful. Jamie was great at the front desk, he answered all our questions about the local places to visit. Our room was large, with yahoo, 2 private bathrooms! I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: top floor, not sure if there is a bad room in the place but we stayed on the beach side.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear debcer5,

Thank you so much for staying with us and we are pleased that you enjoyed your visit at Shell Island Resort. We could not agree more that the resort has a pristine location on the beach with gorgeous views of the Atlantic Ocean from the balconies of the rooms. Jamie is a great addition to our team and I am pleased that he was helpful in your search for local places to visit. We hope to see you again at Wrightsville Beach soon!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed at the Shell Island Hotel for a conference the week of October 15-18 and had a wonderful time! Meredith the hotel manager was very accommodating,helpful and did all she could to meet the requests of our group. George who assisted with conference room set-ups and food service preparations throughout our stay was very professional, courteous and also very accommodating to our needs and requests! All of the staff were very friendly and courteous!

Room Tip: The higher level rooms obviously maximize the ocean view but all of the rooms have a great view!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
KevinC485, General Manager at Shell Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Eric C.

Thank you for staying with us and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit. I am happy to hear that Meredith and George were very helpful and accommodating to your requests. Shell Island Resort is happy to have the two of them on our team. As guest service is our number one priority, I am especially happy that the staff was courteous and friendly to you. We would love to see you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I just returned from a large conference that included hotel stay, meeting rooms, meals and vendors interaction. I must say as president of this organization stress for me was at a high level. I quickly realized that one of the staff members George stayed two steps ahead of me, he had everything that we ask for ahead of time plus things we didn't think of. All the staff acted like they were glad to be there always smiling and kind. Thanks a bunch to all the folks at Shell Island for making this conference a great one! In our business meeting we unanimously voted to return!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tim S

Dear Tim S.

We appreciate your organization staying with us and are pleased that everything went well. George is the best at what he does and he has been giving great guest service for seven years with us. We are truly happy to have him on our team. I also pleased that the hotel staff was good to you as we pride ourselves on our guest service. Please think of us again the next time the beach beckons and we look forward to seeing you again!