We stayed here for one night in December, so it is difficult to give a full rating. After reading other reviews, it appears that the rooms vary to some degree.
The room we stayed in was nice. The room was not dated, as some had mentioned in other reviews. We were appreciative of the tile floors throughout. We have stayed at some resorts with carpets that are beyond disgusting.
Overall, the room was clean, however the bed seemed to have sand in the sheets. Unfortunately, we went out for the night after checking in and did not get back in until late and did not want to call the front desk and wait for new sheets etc. so late. One of the toilet paper rolls was broken and the front desk offered to have maintenance come up to fix it be we were heading out for the evening. Also, I dropped something under one of the bathroom sinks and found some nasty stuff under there when I went to retrieve it.
The Bathroom was nice and separated into two sections. One had a shower sink and toilet, the other had a sink and toilet. Both had very nice tile on the walls and floor. The shower had two shower heads which could be used at the same time, however the water pressure was not good enough.
The kitchen was nice and well equipped with appliances and utensils. The kitchen, living room and eating are all overlooked the beach. Large windows and a small balcony provided a great view of the beach and ocean.
We did not eat breakfast at the restaurant but were told by another couple that their breakfast was good.
There is an indoor and outdoor pool and hot tub. The outdoor pool looked small for the amount of rooms at the resort. I can see it being very crowded in the summer.
Overall, we had a great stay. The room could have been a little cleaner and the price could have been a few dollars less for the time of year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the northern tip of Wrightsville Beach, Shell Island Resort is surrounded by a sprawling expanse of sand and unparalleled views of the Atlantic Ocean, Mason’s Inlet, and Figure Eight Island. This family-friendly resort and hotel boasts a front row seat to the beckoning sea and a beach that seems to stretch endlessly, making it feel like it is yours alone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Shell Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shell Island Oceanfront Hotel
- Shell Island Oceanfront Resort
- Shell Island Resort Nc
- Wrightsville Beach Shell Island Resort
- Shell Island North Carolina
- Shell Island Hotel
- Shell Island Nc
- Shell Island Resort North Carolina
- Shell Isl All Oceanfront Suites
- Shell Is Resort Wrightsville Beach