We stayed at the Holdiay Inn July 5-10 using rewards points for 4 nights and paid $288.00 for the 5th. We travelled with our 3 children ages 8-12 and had a great time. The location of the hotel was ideal. I originally wanted to vacation on the Outer Banks and wanted that "quiet beach vacation" so I was a little nervous about moving the trip to Wrightsville Beach as I knew little about it, but could not have been more pleased. The stretch of beach that the hotel is located on is very quiet, the whole area really and the beach was NEVER crowded.. The hotel has a parking garage which was nice considering the heat. Check in went smoothly, we were given a room with a view of the parking lot (not what I had in mind) made one phone call and withing 10 minutes were in an ocean front room! The hotel IS directly on the beach with nice boardwalks with showeres for sandy feet all along them. The beach was spectacular, warmer than expected 78 degrees for our stay. Beach umbrellas were available for rent for $12 a day, I drove to Redix and purchased one for $20. The pool area was very nice as well, large heated pool and 3 hot tubs. Plenty of tables with umbrellas at the pool, but no umbrellas near the lounge chairs. We didn't use the indoor pool, but it was nice as well. The hotel room was very clean and our balcony on the 6th floor had 2 chairs and a small table. We had a fridge and microwave in our room. We ate at the hotel 2 nights at the Veranda Cafe overlooking the ocean and it was good. However we ventured out 2 nights and ate at 22 North and Blue Water and they were both fantastic! The hotel is about 3/4 miles from a CVS, McDonald's and small grocery store. Our stay here overall was wonderful, this family of five was very pleased and can't wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the award winning Wrightsville Beach, NC hotel. This beautiful oceanfront hotel boasts pristine beaches, low key family fun, water sports and just plain relaxation. The Holiday Inn Resort, formerly known as the Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort, has all the comforts of home with fabulous views of the Atlantic Ocean. Our Concierge will schedule your massage or you can relax in the indoor and outdoor pools. This NC oceanfront hotel has something for all ages including a kids activity center (equipped with interactive gaming system), whirlpools, playground, bike rentals, and much more. Everything you need for your vacation in all within your reach. This NC Coastal hotel offers complimentary wireless Internet, 32 inch wide flat panel screen TVs in all guestrooms, full service restaurant/lounge and room service. The resort is conveniently located near shops, dinning, Historic Downtown Wilmington, and the Wilmington New Hanover International Airport (ILM). Complimentary shuttle service is offered to many locations. Although the resort is not pet-friendly, we can recommend nearby kennels. Service animals welcome. The Holiday Inn Resort is within a short drive to Quintiles, Coldwell Banker Seacoast Realty, Mayfaire Town Center, Verizon, PPD, Autumn Hall, Wieland, General Electric, UNCW and Corning. Located at latitude 34.2198, Longitude 77.7862. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach Hotel Wrightsville Beach
- Holiday Inn Wrightsville Beach
- Wrightsville Beach Holiday Inn