“PERFECT!”

Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach
Massachusetts
“PERFECT!”
Reviewed July 18, 2010

We stayed at the Holdiay Inn July 5-10 using rewards points for 4 nights and paid $288.00 for the 5th. We travelled with our 3 children ages 8-12 and had a great time. The location of the hotel was ideal. I originally wanted to vacation on the Outer Banks and wanted that "quiet beach vacation" so I was a little nervous about moving the trip to Wrightsville Beach as I knew little about it, but could not have been more pleased. The stretch of beach that the hotel is located on is very quiet, the whole area really and the beach was NEVER crowded.. The hotel has a parking garage which was nice considering the heat. Check in went smoothly, we were given a room with a view of the parking lot (not what I had in mind) made one phone call and withing 10 minutes were in an ocean front room! The hotel IS directly on the beach with nice boardwalks with showeres for sandy feet all along them. The beach was spectacular, warmer than expected 78 degrees for our stay. Beach umbrellas were available for rent for $12 a day, I drove to Redix and purchased one for $20. The pool area was very nice as well, large heated pool and 3 hot tubs. Plenty of tables with umbrellas at the pool, but no umbrellas near the lounge chairs. We didn't use the indoor pool, but it was nice as well. The hotel room was very clean and our balcony on the 6th floor had 2 chairs and a small table. We had a fridge and microwave in our room. We ate at the hotel 2 nights at the Veranda Cafe overlooking the ocean and it was good. However we ventured out 2 nights and ate at 22 North and Blue Water and they were both fantastic! The hotel is about 3/4 miles from a CVS, McDonald's and small grocery store. Our stay here overall was wonderful, this family of five was very pleased and can't wait to return!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank CaseyCz
AmandaRochelle, Reservations Dept Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, September 26, 2010
Thank you, thank you. I am Amanda Rochelle, Reservations Dept Manager at the Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach. We appreciate you taking the time to review our resort. And it sounds like YOU took a gamble and we BOTH won! You enjoyed your stay with us and we earned repeat guests. :o) Please call me personally for future reservations 910-256-2231. We, as well, can not wait for you to be our guests again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Lots of times we write reviews when we get bad service but we owe it to the "good hotels" to tell it like it is when we get good service. This was the case a few weeks ago when we visited the Holiday Inn at Wrightsville Beach, NC. I don't ever expect things to go perfectly and when they don't then at least I would like to see that the hotel does something about it. That was the case. Our air conditioner was making noise throughout the night so when I was checking out the next day I mentioned it to them in passing. I did not have to say another word before the clerk apologized and followed up by making amends for this inconvenience. We told him we were going to have lunch at the hotel restaurant on our way out and the manager of the hotel stopped by. It is this sort of attention that I appreciate and makes me want to go back. I know they want to make it right and are concerned with our experience while visiting.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Hello, my name is Amanda Rochelle, Reservations Dept Manager at the Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our resort. I am glad that we exceeded your expectations and yes, we do love making our guests feel welcome and appreciated. Please feel free to contact me or our Reservations Dept at 910-256-2231. We await your return! :o)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 7, 2010

Just got back from a 3 night stay. Great location on Wrightsville Beach, clean hotel, very friendly responsive staff. Just a great relaxing low key getaway. Will certainly go back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. I am so glad you were able to enjoy your r-n-r with us. ((Hint: Stay with us in the fall or winter and enjoy the beach all to yourself. Outdoor heated whirlpools, piano lobby with fireplace and morning coffee and sunrise on your oceanfront balcony are even better then!)) Fall is the new Summer! :o) Thank you again and please contact me or our Reservations Dept for your future reservations. Amanda Rochelle, Reservations Dept Manager, 910-256-2231
Hillsborough, North Carolina
Reviewed July 7, 2010

All of the staff here was excellent. Our room had a beautiful view. Not very secluded during the day but early morning and lte night walks on the beach were beautiful.

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Congratulations! Thank you for choosing us for such a special occasion. Hi, I am Amanda Rochelle, Reservations Dept Manager at the Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach and I wanted to thank you for your review. Definitely give me a call so we can schedule your 1st year anniversary with us! :o) 910-256-2231
North Shields
Reviewed June 8, 2010

Great Hotel on the beach. Worth the extra cost for the location. Restaurant very reasonably priced. Great to sit and have breakfast overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Pool and beach very clean. Staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms spacious and would recommend balcony room overlooking the Ocean.

Winston-Salem
Reviewed May 31, 2010

This hotel was very clean and had updated rooms. The bathroom was a very good size but the bedding was like "Wow" it was the bomb. The bedding and bed was like heaven. I was on the top floor which did have a good view like any other oceanfront view but being on the top was nice. They let me check in early. We loved the breakfast buffet. Ifyou can sit on the platform towards the back of the restaurant it has the best ocean view. We had dinner there also but it was just ok. They had a nice house band we listened to in some rocking chairs outside which was nice too at night. The gift shop even had microwavable items you could buy for your room and beer/wine items and small milks and cereals etc. The poolside grill did give you big hamburgers and the side orders were plenty big, most things like $9.00 which included frys. If you plan on laying out on the deck where you can see ocean go put your personal towel down there early to hold your chair they fill up quickly. I saw the daycare center and it looked like a full daycare you would drop your kid off at home. They had a nice arcade too for kids. Park on the very bottom level to be closer to the beach access. The only con is there are ALOT of drunks here. We even woke up and 2 were passed out at the pool like they had been sleeping there all night. Security removed them quickly when notified. Just alot of drinking. The beach was nice and peaceful the first day we arrived but on Saturday I felt like I was laying out in the middle of a fraternity party. It has public beach access around hotel and all the college kids were having drinking games and turning up their wrap music full blast so it took away from a peaceful day on the beach. I felt like I was going to get hit in the head by several footballs being thrown over me. Some guy even had a megaphone and screamed out it was someones bachelor party. Be prepared to feel like a blimp because all these 20 somethings with their 6 packs and super thin and tan bodies will make you feel that way and there were a ton of them. It was a strange atmosphere familes mixed in with these drunks, not just casual drinkers I mean wild obnoxious drinkers girls and guys. I felt like I was in the middle of a spring break party on MTV. I do not think this would be such a problem on weekdays it seemed like a Saturday memorial weekend thing. If you go to pier get there early because there is super limited parking and you are SOL if you dont get there by 8 - 8:30. This was on the holiday weekend . They even had a game control for Nintendo in the room if you wanted to pay for that. The swimming pools were both good size. I would love to back during the week and probably go somewhere else on weekend. The hotel itself was above average it was the beach company that was not too appealing but this beach is extra pretty because its so blue, If you want to try and stay away from the drunks when you come out of hotel and you are going to lay out on the beach go to the right to lay out because it seems the public access must of been more on the left side. One tip is to leave your air on full blast because it seems to take a bit to cool it down but it does cool down after a while.

san francisco
Reviewed May 24, 2010

Been visiting Wrightsville Beach for years, but first time at the Holiday Inn,,,,I expected typical chain hotel mediocrity,,and I was pleasantly surprised,,,staff is great, lobby, restaurant all very good, excellent fitness center with view of the ocean,,,,lunch and breakfast at the restaurant were excellent.

The rooms (and the entire hotel) appear to have been recently renovated,,,spotless, comfortable, flat screen tv, free internet,,,comfortable balconies,,,,I highly recommend the hotel.

1 Thank plectical
LiveAlohaOne, Reservations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, July 7, 2010
The best kept secret on Wrightsville Beach (is now out)! We're glad we were able to exceed your expectations. Yes, we did renovate in 2007 and have since refreshed our bedding, linens, etc in 2008-2009. We truly appreciate your comments and are excited to serve you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wrightsville Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Carolina Beach Oceanfront
Golden Sands
Golden Sands
#2 of 19 in Carolina Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach? Share your experiences!