Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach
Shell Island Resort(Wrightsville Beach)(Great Value!)
$189
$183
Blockade Runner Beach Resort(Wrightsville Beach)(Great Value!)
$195
$189
Silver Gull Motel(Wrightsville Beach)(Great Value!)
$174
$116
$149
Surf Suites Motel(Wrightsville Beach)
Harbor Inn(Wrightsville Beach)
Waterway Lodge(Wrightsville Beach)
Sandpeddler Inn & Suites(Wrightsville Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewskids clubocean frontoutdoor poollazy dazepool staffpoolside barhotel restaurantrocking chairspool sideoceanfront roomgreat weekendbeautiful view of the oceanshuttle servicethe entire hotelparking garagebeach accessnice beach
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I started staying at this hotel about two years ago and have had some wonderful times and experiences with them. Their staff is courteous and very responsive to the customer. The location on Wrightsville Beach is one of the best in the US that I've found. There is a great pool outside, deck chairs overlooking the Atlantic, and the restaurant also had a fantastic view. Many rooms have whirlpools where you can also see the ocean and beautiful coastline.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone in the area and for a vacation. It's unfortunate that due to an experience in another market at a Holiday Inn I will no longer do business with this hotel, but if you've not had a bad experience at another IHG property, give these people a shot. Whoever owns this hotel "gets it" and takes care of their customers. I hope that one day they can shed the Holiday Inn name and I can stay there again.

Room Tip: Pay up and get the King Suite with whirlpool. These rooms are on the end and have huge balconies and views of the ocean and coastline.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
AmandaRochelle, Reservations Dept Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear ddc4ua,
We thank you for your positive remarks about our property, words like that make all our hard work worthwhile. We are so glad you enjoyed your stays. However, we do suggest you take the other matter up with Intercontinental Hotels Guest Relations to see if we as a company can't restore your faith in Holiday Inns. We would also hate to lose you as a guest for any reason. If you would like to call our General Manager, Anne Marie Hartman, personally, you may email her at amhartman@wrightsville.holidayinnresorts.com.
Amanda Rochelle, Reservations Dept Manager

Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this location last week during Spring Break. I was amazed at how nice the hotel and the staff were! Everyone was so friendly and welcoming. I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone I know that is traveling to Wrightsville Beach. I must say my favorite part of the hotel is the fitness room that overlooks the ocean. Definitely one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at! :)

• Stayed: March 2013
AmandaRochelle, Reservations Dept Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Hi Karlykauf!
Yay! So glad you enjoyed your time with us. I guess if you gotta exercise during your getaway, then you might as well have a great oceanview right? I've passed on your compliments to all of our staff - thanks again Karlykauf :o) We hope to see you and your friends back soon. Sincerely, Amanda Rochelle, Reservations Dept Manager

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I've stayed at this Holiday Inn Resort (formerly Sunspree) a handful of times on points, mainly for weekend getaways. Although I have never been upgraded with my platinum status, I can't complain because I was staying on points each time.

There really is no bad view from this hotel. Wrightsville Beach is located on a barrier island, very close to the mainland (Wilmington, NC). Most folks jump on the opportunity to have a beachfront view, but I actually prefer the Sound view because you get to watch the sunset every night and it is normally cheaper. I may be biased as I lived and worked in Wrightsville Beach for many years, but to me, nothing beats that sunset...

The room was pretty standard on our last stay. Microwave, fridge, HD flatscreen TV. The bathroom was also standard for the Holiday Inn brands with the exception of the shower head. I stay at Holiday Inns all the time and most of them (especially the Express chain) have those terribly weak shower heads with no water pressure. Thankfully, this hotel hasn't gone that route. It was so refreshing having a real shower with plenty of water pressure and hot water.

The staff was fantastic, all the way from the bellmen to the front desk and room service. Also, this hotel has plenty of parking, which is rare for most hotels on Wrightsville Beach. We never use many of the facilities when we visit this hotel, but I haven't heard many complaints and they all look to be kept up quite well.

Room Tip: As I mentioned in my review, the Sound view is excellent as well.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Trent M
AmandaRochelle, Reservations Dept Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Hi Trent M,
Thank you for being a Priority Club member and taking the time to give us a review too. Depending on the time of year & availability we always try to upgrade our Platinum members. And yes, the sunsets are the best :o) I will pass along to all, your compliments on our staff - thank you for recognizing us. Come back soon, give our Inhouse Reservations Dept a call to plan your next visit, 910-256-2231. Sincerely, Amanda Rochelle, Reservations Dept Manager

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Sunspree for a business event. The oceanfront room was wonderful. I enjoyed spending time sitting on the balcony overlooking the ocean and watching the surfers. The beds were comfortable and the room was spacious. I also spent time at the hotel restaurant and the bar. The staff was very friendly. This was not my first time at the resort and I love going there! I've never had a bad experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kms37
AmandaRochelle, Reservations Dept Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Hi kms37,
Thank you for staying with us again and again. The oceanfront balconies are a good spot to zone out on the waves and surfers. We're excited you enjoyed your stay with us and we await your return soon :o) Sincerely, Amanda Rochelle, Reservations Dept Manager

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We spent only one, very rainy night here. The room was big and comfortable with enormous plate glass window looking out over the swimming pool and sea. The shower wasn't bad and the bed was comfortable. We had undercover parking. The breakfast was uninspiring, the juice not good and fruit selection poor.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Hey Adele D,
So glad you enjoyed your Oceanfront room and comfy bed. The 2-story parking deck is a great perk for our hotel guests. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the breakfast items but please try us again. We look forward to your return! Sincerely, Amanda Rochelle, Reservations Dept Manager