I've stayed at this Holiday Inn Resort (formerly Sunspree) a handful of times on points, mainly for weekend getaways. Although I have never been upgraded with my platinum status, I can't complain because I was staying on points each time.
There really is no bad view from this hotel. Wrightsville Beach is located on a barrier island, very close to the mainland (Wilmington, NC). Most folks jump on the opportunity to have a beachfront view, but I actually prefer the Sound view because you get to watch the sunset every night and it is normally cheaper. I may be biased as I lived and worked in Wrightsville Beach for many years, but to me, nothing beats that sunset...
The room was pretty standard on our last stay. Microwave, fridge, HD flatscreen TV. The bathroom was also standard for the Holiday Inn brands with the exception of the shower head. I stay at Holiday Inns all the time and most of them (especially the Express chain) have those terribly weak shower heads with no water pressure. Thankfully, this hotel hasn't gone that route. It was so refreshing having a real shower with plenty of water pressure and hot water.
The staff was fantastic, all the way from the bellmen to the front desk and room service. Also, this hotel has plenty of parking, which is rare for most hotels on Wrightsville Beach. We never use many of the facilities when we visit this hotel, but I haven't heard many complaints and they all look to be kept up quite well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the award winning Wrightsville Beach, NC hotel. This beautiful oceanfront hotel boasts pristine beaches, low key family fun, water sports and just plain relaxation. The Holiday Inn Resort, formerly known as the Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort, has all the comforts of home with fabulous views of the Atlantic Ocean. Our Concierge will schedule your massage or you can relax in the indoor and outdoor pools. This NC oceanfront hotel has something for all ages including a kids activity center (equipped with interactive gaming system), whirlpools, playground, bike rentals, and much more. Everything you need for your vacation in all within your reach. This NC Coastal hotel offers complimentary wireless Internet, 32 inch wide flat panel screen TVs in all guestrooms, full service restaurant/lounge and room service. The resort is conveniently located near shops, dinning, Historic Downtown Wilmington, and the Wilmington New Hanover International Airport (ILM). Complimentary shuttle service is offered to many locations. Although the resort is not pet-friendly, we can recommend nearby kennels. Service animals welcome. The Holiday Inn Resort is within a short drive to Quintiles, Coldwell Banker Seacoast Realty, Mayfaire Town Center, Verizon, PPD, Autumn Hall, Wieland, General Electric, UNCW and Corning. Located at latitude 34.2198, Longitude 77.7862. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach Hotel Wrightsville Beach
- Holiday Inn Wrightsville Beach
- Wrightsville Beach Holiday Inn