A recent four-day stay was our first time at this resort, and we enjoyed it thoroughly. From the front desk staff to the bellman to the restaurant staff - all tried very hard to make our stay a memorable one. The front desk person (sorry that I didn't get her name) got our vacation off to a great start with a warm greeting and anwers to our questions. Brian, also at the front desk, made sure we had what we needed in our room when there was an item that we'd forgotten to pack.
The hotel is very nicely situated right on the ocean, and the restaurant also has a great view of the Atlantic. Our waiter,Kevin, in the Oceans Restaurant went above and beyond what is required. His friendliness and professional manner were so very much appreciated.
Our room which was oceanfront was perfectly clean and attractive, average in size, had a microwave and a decent size refrigerator. The HVAC worked well and seemed to run very quietly. The wireless connection was fast most of the time. The desk area was large and convenient with lots of outlets. Bath was quite modern with a nice granite countertop. I thought the hotel was built within the last few years but learned that it's about 12 years old. It's a very well maintained and well managed property.
If there are just a couple of small negatives, it's that the kitchen staff can often be fairly slow in getting out an order, but we were in no hurry, so that was hardy an important point for us at all. Also, in the morning, hot water in the shower can be more like warm water.
We saw another hotel/condo unit on the north end of the island but would definitly choose.to stay here at the Holida Inn if in the Wrightsville beach area again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the award winning Wrightsville Beach, NC hotel. This beautiful oceanfront hotel boasts pristine beaches, low key family fun, water sports and just plain relaxation. The Holiday Inn Resort, formerly known as the Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort, has all the comforts of home with fabulous views of the Atlantic Ocean. Our Concierge will schedule your massage or you can relax in the indoor and outdoor pools. This NC oceanfront hotel has something for all ages including a kids activity center (equipped with interactive gaming system), whirlpools, playground, bike rentals, and much more. Everything you need for your vacation in all within your reach. This NC Coastal hotel offers complimentary wireless Internet, 32 inch wide flat panel screen TVs in all guestrooms, full service restaurant/lounge and room service. The resort is conveniently located near shops, dinning, Historic Downtown Wilmington, and the Wilmington New Hanover International Airport (ILM). Complimentary shuttle service is offered to many locations. Although the resort is not pet-friendly, we can recommend nearby kennels. Service animals welcome. The Holiday Inn Resort is within a short drive to Quintiles, Coldwell Banker Seacoast Realty, Mayfaire Town Center, Verizon, PPD, Autumn Hall, Wieland, General Electric, UNCW and Corning. Located at latitude 34.2198, Longitude 77.7862. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach Hotel Wrightsville Beach
- Holiday Inn Wrightsville Beach
- Wrightsville Beach Holiday Inn