We just spent 4 nights at the Blockade Runner. Having grown up in the area and stayed there often, I selected the hotel for convenience, central beach location, resort reputation, and full service. We had 2 ocean view rooms at $209 + tax. I was advised by family before making reservations that the property has been/is being sold to convert to condominium-type ownership, so I asked specific questions about the quality and condition of the rooms and was assured that nothing had changed. However, routine maintenance and upkeep has been neglected. Our rooms were dingy and tired, poorly decorated and furnished, with sand and hair accumulated about the corners and doors, and bird poop on the windows. The AC never cooled the room enough to turn off. Wireless internet was a mystery we never solved. We tried to use the restaurant for lunch but were turned away because we were 5 minutes too early. We wanted to rent bicycles, but no one knew the details, and there were only 3 buried in a maintenance closet. I complained to the manager at checkout and he reduced our rate by $40 per night. I have many wonderful memories of the beach and the Blockade Runner, but will not return unless I know it has been fully renovated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only NC luxury resort offering all waterfront rooms, the best of both sound and sea, with either Atlantic Ocean or Banks Channel Sound views. Just steps to the sand, and even closer to the sound, the waterfront balconies offer great sunrises and sets with invigorating breezes. Activities within minutes of your room: sailing, fishing, kayaking, SUP and eco-tours, a complete fitness center (including whirlpool and dry sauna), and seasonal yoga on the seaside gardens lawn. A supervised "Sandcampers" program provides crafts, evening activities, lawn games, beach fun, pool, and island excursions for children aged five until twelve. The Outdoor Patio Bar combines casual dining with spectacular views, while the award winning EAST Oceanfront Dining delivers only the freshest local seafood, lobster, delicious wine tastings, fabulous comfort food, and the ever-popular Sunday Brunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Blockade Runner Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blockade Runner Wrightsville Beach
- Blockade Runner Hotel Wrightsville Beach