Customer service at the front desk is not there to please the guest; they do have an attitude. It would seem the first people you see when coming in the hotel lobby would leave the guest with a good impression.
Bad communication-shuttle service from the airport to hotel is available; but they don't tell you you have to make a reservation ahead time or you will have to pay $35.00 for a cab. We ordered the rendevous package, called the manager of the restaurant and asked if we could have wine and cheese instead of champagne and strawberries. He replied no problem it will be delivered to your room in 15 minutes; no one ever showed up nor did they call. We called the front desk and they said we couldn't switch....once again lack of communication/follow up. Cleanliness - pool was dirty, hot tub didn't work, elevator worked on and off, no water jug in the weight room. When we reported this to the front desk; we were told these things are out of their control. I left two messages for the manager to contact me about my experience; guess what it has been one month and I haven't heard a work. We signed up for massages; but when we scheduled them we were not told they didn't take place in the hotel. We found out when we went to the front desk for our appointment they would take place at another location.... We have never been treated like this and so disappointed by the lack of customer service...Holiday Inn Sunspree is much better
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only NC luxury resort offering all waterfront rooms, the best of both sound and sea, with either Atlantic Ocean or Banks Channel Sound views. Just steps to the sand, and even closer to the sound, the waterfront balconies offer great sunrises and sets with invigorating breezes. Activities within minutes of your room: sailing, fishing, kayaking, SUP and eco-tours, a complete fitness center (including whirlpool and dry sauna), and seasonal yoga on the seaside gardens lawn. A supervised "Sandcampers" program provides crafts, evening activities, lawn games, beach fun, pool, and island excursions for children aged five until twelve. The Outdoor Patio Bar combines casual dining with spectacular views, while the award winning EAST Oceanfront Dining delivers only the freshest local seafood, lobster, delicious wine tastings, fabulous comfort food, and the ever-popular Sunday Brunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Blockade Runner Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blockade Runner Wrightsville Beach
- Blockade Runner Hotel Wrightsville Beach