This was our tenth visit in three years. We consider Blockade Runner our beach house. The staff is wonderful, cooperative and friendly. The front desk managers Nick and Andi are always helpful and have become our friends. The breakfast is fresh and dinners at the restaurant are well prepared under the direction of Roger, who is friendly and always willing to help. The servers are great and remember us whenever we come, especially Tommy!!
The lobby has been totally redone and is beautiful. Our room is always clean and has a beautiful ocean view. There was a great performance by one of the original "Platters". The owners of this property live on or near the property and we had the opportunity to meet Mary, one of the owners, and she was extremely warm and friendly. I am certain the reason this place is so wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blockade Runner is uniquely located on Wrightsville Beach Island, North Carolina’s accessible outer-bank. On the east side, the resort fronts the Atlantic Ocean with a wide sandy beach while the west side fronts an Intracoastal Waterway harbor and anchorage. The resort offers the most complete water related activities possible. Our famous Blockade Runner full service breakfast is included for all guest including groups (not applicable to cottage groups). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Blockade Runner Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blockade Runner Wrightsville Beach
- Blockade Runner Hotel Wrightsville Beach