My husband discovered the Blockade Runner about 15 years ago when he began traveling North Carolina for business and we've been hooked ever since! We've always found the staff helpful and pleasant and willing to do whatever they could to make our stay enjoyable. We have never been disappointed in the quality of the housekeeping or the attention to detail.
We especially appreciate the landscaping around the hotel. The "back yard" is not just concrete and a swimming pool and then the beach, it is lush landscaping maintained everyday by full-time employees who know how to create beauty and a peaceful setting. Families enjoy the grassy area for a game of football, frisbee, or just playing tag barefooted.
I encourage anyone who loves the beach to give the Blockade Runner a try or a revisit if you haven't been there recently. You won't be disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blockade Runner is uniquely located on Wrightsville Beach Island, North Carolina’s accessible outer-bank. On the east side, the resort fronts the Atlantic Ocean with a wide sandy beach while the west side fronts an Intracoastal Waterway harbor and anchorage. The resort offers the most complete water related activities possible. Our famous Blockade Runner full service breakfast is included for all guest including groups (not applicable to cottage groups). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Blockade Runner Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blockade Runner Wrightsville Beach
- Blockade Runner Hotel Wrightsville Beach