Ahahahahahahahaha. Remodeling? There was a saying that goes "just putting lipstick on a pig". Thinking that applies here. This place wouldn't sell when the brother and sister owners tried. Converting all the rooms to condo's just won't work when you can't even plug in TWO hairdryers without tripping a breaker. Mold still everywhere. The bleach they use does kill some of it but then you have to awful smell of bleach. And mold. The little area on the harbor where they want you to swim, that has a sign on the bank warning people that if one does swim they are at risk of bacterial (fecal) infection because of the waste pipe just to the side. This pipe flows right into the water. Not to mention that you are 8 feet from very busy road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blockade Runner is uniquely located on Wrightsville Beach Island, North Carolina’s accessible outer-bank. On the east side, the resort fronts the Atlantic Ocean with a wide sandy beach while the west side fronts an Intracoastal Waterway harbor and anchorage. The resort offers the most complete water related activities possible. Our famous Blockade Runner full service breakfast is included for all guest including groups (not applicable to cottage groups). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blockade Runner Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blockade Runner Wrightsville Beach
- Blockade Runner Hotel Wrightsville Beach