When we drove up to the Blockade runner we were a little concerned because the exterior of the hotel on the street side is not that impressive, however, we were pleasantly surprised once we entered the lobby. The hotel is very nice and we were very impressed with the landscaping. The pool is a bit small but the hotel sits right on the ocean. One negative is that you have to pay for chairs and umbrellas on the beach. ($10 per chair and $15 for an umbrella). In addition, NC does not allow alcohol on the beach but if you are not obvious about it and don’t look like you are partying, the police tend to leave you alone. Our room was nice, we had the ocean view and the chairs placed directly in front of a floor to ceiling opening window meant that we did not miss having a balcony at all. We ate breakfast and dinner in the hotel restaurant and both were very good. The crabcakes and lobster were both delicious! Overall we had a great stay and will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blockade Runner is uniquely located on Wrightsville Beach Island, North Carolina’s accessible outer-bank. On the east side, the resort fronts the Atlantic Ocean with a wide sandy beach while the west side fronts an Intracoastal Waterway harbor and anchorage. The resort offers the most complete water related activities possible. Our famous Blockade Runner full service breakfast is included for all guest including groups (not applicable to cottage groups). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Priceline, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Blockade Runner Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blockade Runner Wrightsville Beach
- Blockade Runner Hotel Wrightsville Beach