I found the room and accommodations to be "common" and not worth $180 per night. There are not many nice options at Wrightsville Beach, but I'd stongly consider the Holiday Inn or just staying at a B&B downtown next time. I've lived in Wilmington for 25 years and always heard good things, but it just did not meet my expectations for this rate, in November (off season). It certainly was clean, the shower was nice, but the bed was just "ok", the furnishings were quite common, and the lighting was poor. The view of the beach was nice but I can get that for free by standing on the beach! The service at breakfast was poor and I found the staff (mostly appeared to be young and untrained) to be inexperienced and somewhat rude, but not on purpose...just because they didn't know better. The front desk staff was awesome, I have to say that the 2 ladies at the front were very helpful and nice. The grounds appeared to be very nice as well as the pool area, which we did not visit due to time of the year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only NC luxury resort offering all waterfront rooms, the best of both sound and sea, with either Atlantic Ocean or Banks Channel Sound views. Just steps to the sand, and even closer to the sound, the waterfront balconies offer great sunrises and sets with invigorating breezes. Activities within minutes of your room: sailing, fishing, kayaking, SUP and eco-tours, a complete fitness center (including whirlpool and dry sauna), and seasonal yoga on the seaside gardens lawn. A supervised "Sandcampers" program provides crafts, evening activities, lawn games, beach fun, pool, and island excursions for children aged five until twelve. The Outdoor Patio Bar combines casual dining with spectacular views, while the award winning EAST Oceanfront Dining delivers only the freshest local seafood, lobster, delicious wine tastings, fabulous comfort food, and the ever-popular Sunday Brunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Blockade Runner Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blockade Runner Wrightsville Beach
- Blockade Runner Hotel Wrightsville Beach