We experienced a wonderful weekend at the Blockade Runner, and were really impressed with the location, amenities, room, and view. We chose a King Balcony room, and the large balcony and extra space was worth it. This property is a conversion of an older hotel, but it is tastefully done. The Blockade Runner's transitional/contemporary design is a fresh idea in a costal area that is full of outdated hotels. It was nice to see a Keurig coffee station in the room, a mini fridge, a nice rain shower head, and a nice big screen TV. The staff was friendly, the bartender was fantastic (showing us photos from his trip to Africa when he found out we honeymooned in Victoria Falls), and the chef even came out to the bar and asked us to taste test his homemade "beet marshmellows" (yum!) The hotel was busy for off season with a wedding, but there was no noise at night, and we slept with the sliding glass door cracked listening to the waves of the ocean. Completely relaxing!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blockade Runner is uniquely located on Wrightsville Beach Island, North Carolina’s accessible outer-bank. On the east side, the resort fronts the Atlantic Ocean with a wide sandy beach while the west side fronts an Intracoastal Waterway harbor and anchorage. The resort offers the most complete water related activities possible. Our famous Blockade Runner full service breakfast is included for all guest including groups (not applicable to cottage groups). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Expedia, Booking.com and TravelClick so you can book your Blockade Runner Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blockade Runner Wrightsville Beach
- Blockade Runner Hotel Wrightsville Beach