My daughter who resides in Wilmington, NC, wanted to be married near the Ocean. She looked at several places and fell in love with the Blockade Runner and about a year ago booked reservations with them as the site of her wedding. There were a lot of unknowns to us as we don't plan weddings everyday (actually this is our first!). The wedding coordinator assured us that all will go well and that she would personally see to it that it ran smoothly. A few months before the wedding was to take place my daughter learned that she had retired! We were a little skeptical about this until we met Whitney the new wedding coordinator. Whitney was wonderful and during the days before the wedding she and my daughter went over details, the rehearsal, the interface between the photographer, florist, baker, etc. The day of the wedding was well organized, and each component interfaced smoothly. Whitney took the pressure off and the hotel staff was gracious and always on hand to answer a question, provide a service, make a phone call, call a cab, etc. Our rooms were immaculate and comfortable. The restaurant was a true gem providing a menu with many seafood specialties. I chose the Local NC Flounder which came crispily browned over a mound of rice. It had a tangy lemon flavor which complimented the tender fish. It was a generous portion but was so good I could have eaten another one (though I would have had a difficult time getting out of my chair). In the morning we were greeted by a complimentary breakfast which was really a breakfast smorgasbord of eggs, pancakes, sausages, bacon, grits, cereals, yogurts, fruits, and a Mexican burrito made with eggs and sauce. Waiters brought orange juice and pots of freshly made steaming coffee. We stayed three days and thoroughly enjoyed it. I would go back again for a vacation there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only NC luxury resort offering all waterfront rooms, the best of both sound and sea, with either Atlantic Ocean or Banks Channel Sound views. Just steps to the sand, and even closer to the sound, the waterfront balconies offer great sunrises and sets with invigorating breezes. Activities within minutes of your room: sailing, fishing, kayaking, SUP and eco-tours, a complete fitness center (including whirlpool and dry sauna), and seasonal yoga on the seaside gardens lawn. A supervised "Sandcampers" program provides crafts, evening activities, lawn games, beach fun, pool, and island excursions for children aged five until twelve. The Outdoor Patio Bar combines casual dining with spectacular views, while the award winning EAST Oceanfront Dining delivers only the freshest local seafood, lobster, delicious wine tastings, fabulous comfort food, and the ever-popular Sunday Brunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Blockade Runner Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blockade Runner Wrightsville Beach
- Blockade Runner Hotel Wrightsville Beach