We spent a wonderful three days back at the Blockade Runner. My husband and I refer to this place as our beach house that we always dreamed about.
The staff is incredibly friendly and remembered us from our last visit in December. The rooms are beautiful and exceptionally clean and newly renovated. The chief chef, Mark, is not only a master chef, but a wonderful person. There is no reason to leave the resort for any meals since breakfast comes with your rental and lunch and dinner menus are fabulous. Roger, the restaurant manager is so cooperative and such a nice person. The servers Julia, Brittany, Kylie, Sara and Nicky and all others are so friendly and cooperative. The front desk staff can help out with any info you may need under the guidance of the managers, Nick and Andie who are fabulous and very helpful. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained and the beach is a little bit of heaven.
We plan on returning many times. There are few places around that have it all!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blockade Runner is uniquely located on Wrightsville Beach Island, North Carolina’s accessible outer-bank. On the east side, the resort fronts the Atlantic Ocean with a wide sandy beach while the west side fronts an Intracoastal Waterway harbor and anchorage. The resort offers the most complete water related activities possible. Our famous Blockade Runner full service breakfast is included for all guest including groups (not applicable to cottage groups). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Blockade Runner Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blockade Runner Wrightsville Beach
- Blockade Runner Hotel Wrightsville Beach