Blockade Runner Beach Resort
Shell Island Resort(Wrightsville Beach)(Great Value!)
$189
$183
Silver Gull Motel(Wrightsville Beach)(Great Value!)
$174
Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach(Wrightsville Beach)(Great Value!)
$191
$181
HolidayInn.com
  • Beachfront
$127
$116
Hampton.com
$149
Surf Suites Motel(Wrightsville Beach)
Harbor Inn(Wrightsville Beach)
Waterway Lodge(Wrightsville Beach)
Sandpeddler Inn & Suites(Wrightsville Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,422 results
All reviewspool bartile floorsbeach chairsbalcony roombreakfast buffetsound sideocean viewgreat beachstaff was very friendlywrightsvillebalconiesvaletaccommodationsconferencecarolina
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We had my daughter's Bridal Luncheon @ the Blockade Runner Beach Resort in Wrightsville Beach NC. . What a great time we had. Food was super.... started with a mimosa, fresh fruit, salad with grilled chicken on top, and all the trimmings. rolls and butter and the best was the sorbet. The coordinator Carol was very accomodating. All the Bride's maids had a super time.

So if your looking for a beachy place to have a great experience to add to a wedding I would highly recommend the Blockade Runner. The landscaping by the ocean is a perfect place to take some great pictures.

Reviewed August 29, 2011

I've stayed at Blockade runner a number of times over the years. Their location is perfect. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the hotel is beautifully decorated. The staff are polite, friendly and efficient. In fact, they are among the best I've seen, even when compared to much more expensive hotels.

The food service staff are all great. The items on the breakfast and lunch menus are good. Dinner at the main restaurant is pretty good but not great. There are excellent restaurants close by though. I suggest exploring them when you stay at Blockade runner.

The only other negative I can think of is the beach chairs. They charge for renting them, which I find annoying. Rooms are expensive here. Why nickle-and-dime?

Still, it's a great place so I keep going back year after year.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We loved it as much as the last time but forgot how cold the lobby was. Although we requested early maid service, they didn't get it done until after 1pm on the first day. After we called, it was done earlier. Sitting on the patio felt like being in the Carribbean.

Found it noisier during the night. Felt like there could have been more insulation between rooms.

Did not like the costly added charges for the beach chairs and umbrellas. If we had known, we would have brought our own! The food/drinks at the pool bar were also exhorbitant.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2011

This family vacation was scheduled around an event at Wrightsville Beach for children who have Autism. Children with Autism can present a challenge to those who are not familiar w/ the characteristics of Autism. We just want to say THANKS to the staff who demonstrated kindness and patience to our kids and helped make their trip an exciting and enjoyable experience. The staff at the Blockade Runner was extraordinary! The accommodations were very pleasant. We had a Harbor view room which allowed us to see the most beautiful sunsets. I would suggest getting a room on as high a floor as possible so you don't get glimpses of the parking lot mixed in your views. Rooms are spacious, tastefully decorated in various beach motifs and have tiled floors. The pool area is beautiful and has tropical plants and attractive, large, sturdy, poolside furniture. Reminds us of a Sandals Resort.

Reviewed August 29, 2011

My daughter and I had a fabulous time. The ocean facing room was clean and comfortable. The staff was kind and helpful. We loved the beach. I would recommend this hotel.