Blockade Runner Beach Resort
Shell Island Resort(Wrightsville Beach)(Great Value!)
$189
$183
Silver Gull Motel(Wrightsville Beach)(Great Value!)
$174
Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach(Wrightsville Beach)(Great Value!)
$191
$181
HolidayInn.com
  • Beachfront
$127
$116
$149
Surf Suites Motel(Wrightsville Beach)
Harbor Inn(Wrightsville Beach)
Waterway Lodge(Wrightsville Beach)
Sandpeddler Inn & Suites(Wrightsville Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,422 results
All reviewspool bartile floorsbeach chairsbalcony roombreakfast buffetsound sideocean viewgreat beachstaff was very friendlywrightsvillebalconiesvaletaccommodationsconferencecarolina
Reviewed May 18, 2011

The exterior of the hotel does not match the interior/public spaces at all (in a good way!). Very modern and sleek feel to the place. Big room with a beautiful view of the inlet area. Room had a Caribbean feel - tile floor, dark wood, etc. Not having carpet in the room made it feel more clean! Buffet breakfast was awesome - not your regular hotel-style continental breakfast at all. Staff members could not have been more friendly.....we definitely felt the southern hospitality. Short walk to the bars, restaurants, souvenir shops, too! Short drive to 'civilization' as well - any restaurant or retail establishment that you need. We had a great time and will definitely return.

Reviewed May 18, 2011

I have to admit, if you were down at the Blockade Runner for a business conference or a wedding, it was nice. However, that's where it seemed they stopped investing their money into the older hotel. The rooms were average at best. It didn't come with a DVD player (a MUST while bringing small children for movie night), the front desk didn't have one and there wasn't even an option to rent movies. The rooms were average at best. There wasn't carpet on the floor (understandable with a room at the beach) but when we checked into the room, there wasn't even a comforter on the bed. The free breakfast buffet was nice but I'm sure the loss of revenue from the free breakfast was more than made up for the $9.00 cheeseburgers they sold.

All in all, the staff was very young and worked very hard so I cannot complain about them. The grounds were in terrific shape, as well as the outdoor bar/wedding area next to the beach. However, for the money, if you are looking for a family friendly place with nicer rooms, better pricing and more up to date amenities then there are several other places in the general area to choose from. The wedding at the location itself was great. The location, however, for the money we paid for the rooms, left much to be desired.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank alegato4473
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Overall, it was a pretty well taken care of hotel on the beach. You can tell that it has been around for a while, but the updates make it feel newer. The location is amazing and the beach is fabulous. The rooms/hotel were clean, and the lobby was great with the windows open. Only two issues that are worth mentioning, when I made the reservation, i was promised a higher level room with a balcony, at check in, we were given a room on the second floor. THe night manager, advised me he upgraded us, which I know to be false, since i paid for the balcony and confirmed with the person I made the reservation that i had a balcony i could sit on. The second item was the dishwasher, or lack there of. Multiple times we had to send drinks back because of items floating in our glass. Once with water, and at least three times with my coke.

I did read that others had isses with promised rooms, but all in all, we would stay again.

2  Thank wemisstexas
Reviewed May 14, 2011

This was our 55TH Anniversary and my husband and I wanted to go somewhere relaxing, on the ocean with dining on site. We did not want to drive hundreds of miles. I chose The Blockade Runner in Wilmington, NC as it had all of these features. From the moment we checked in, I was overjoyed! Check in staff were welcoming, friendly, POLpolite and anxious to help, quick too. The room was large, bright and cheerful, no stained carpeting, dirt, dust or cobwebs. The large window with Juliet balcony overlooked the beautifully landscaped lawns, flower gardewns, pool and patio areas, with the Ocean sparkling as it came onto the lovely sandy beach. The Atmosphere in this room , for us, was perfect. Soothing, clean and peaceful, I had found my haven. Everything worked and we had no problems at all. At dinner we had a wonderful four course meal at an extremely reasonable price. The Dining Room was attractive and decorated in a very welcoming way. The Wait Saff were courteous, polite, efficient and friendly, took plenty of time to take a photo or two for us. The meal itself was cooked very well and nicely presented, with the Chef coming out to wish us a Happy Anniversary and to discuss our selection.
We walked on the beach and I took several photos of the lovely landscaping. Complimentary Breakfast Buffet was very good with a large variety of foods, warm, nicely prepared and presented.
All of this within 45 minutes from where we live and next to Wilmington, NC.

Room Tip: Ocean Front Room on any floor above 3, Best View.
1  Thank Ivydee_72
Reviewed May 13, 2011

I was not impressed when we first pulled up, but as soon as I entered the lobby my impression changed instantly! Beautifully decorated and very friendly staff. Rooms were clean... no complaints from me!

• Stayed: May 2011