“best food at wrightsville”

22 North Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
22 North Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Birmingham
Description: Located on historic Wrightsville Beach, 22 North has earned a reputation by visitors and locals alike as "the best kept secret on the beach." Embodying the best of traditional Lower Cape Fear cuisine with classic French and rustic Creole fare, we take pride in providing our guests with the most unique and eclectic Southern comfort food in the Wilmington area. Taking full advantage of the naturally abundant resources Cape Fear is blessed with, our menu changes virtually every day. You're sure to find local favorites along with bold, exciting, and fresh new creations! House specialties like our award-winning silky She-Crab soup, grilled Skirt Steak or our famous Shrimp n'Grits are featured along with more innovative fare such as Sweet Potato Crusted Grouper, Buttermilk fried Alligator and country ham Blue Crab Cakes. And of course our wonderful homemade desserts such as Key Lime Pie and Caramel Bread Pudding are pure delight. We invite you to come on in and make yourself at home!
NYC
“best food at wrightsville”
Reviewed July 16, 2010

Been coming to WB for 4 years and finally tried this place. hard to trust reviews because in this town they drop anything in a deep fryer and the restaurant gets a good review. The food at 22 north is fresh, prepared with attention to detail, and not as expensive the glorified fry shacks passing themselves off as quality dining in Wrightsville beach. You can't check the menu because it changes every day - always a good sign of fresh food.

1 Thank OlderGentleman

Neenah, Wisconsin
“Good food, good service, good pick!”
Reviewed July 8, 2010

We ate at 22 North on July 7, 2010. The restaurant was not at all busy, and we were seated before our reservation time. The menu, written on blackboards, had several appetizers, soup du jour, and a number of delicious sounding entrees, My wife chose an appetizer of shrimp and ravioli (three ravoioli, five large shrimp, and a delicious almond sauce) as her dinner, and had a spinach salad to start. I had a delicious piece of grilled grouper with very delicious vegetables served al dente, and white rice. The bread we were served consisted of a delicious corn bread, a savory muffin, and a carrot bread that we had to have more of.
I shared with our efficient server the fact that I thought this one of the best restaurant meals we'd had in a long time, and we've had some that were very, very good.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good effort, but overall a "B"”
Reviewed July 7, 2010

My wife and I went with our baby on a Wednesday evening. I had picked the place out because of the reviews here on Tripadvisor. The restaurant was quiet which was just what we were looking for. I give them props for trying to be creative with seafood especially in the land of calabash. But, they ultimately came up a little short. The wine list was very skimpy and not likely to appease any foodies looking to pair foods. Overall, we had a nice atmosphere and good service but the dishes flavor didn't live up to the expectations set by reviews and presentation. It's still worth a try. They only have a chalkboard menu and it changes regularly.

1 Thank Tarheel_on_the_go
nc
“Was added to our favorite WB restaurant list several years ago”
Reviewed June 6, 2010

We vacation at least a week during the summer at Wrightsville Beach and have for 10 years or so. We have our favorite restaurants that we can just walk to. We stumbled upon 22 North a few years back and have not been disappointed yet.
It is now a tradition ,along with South Beach Grill for us. Some of the dishes we've had in the past include the shrimp and grits (outstanding), the flank steak (yum-o!), the corn seafood chowder (went back the next night just to get this to go), peanut butter pie (Oh, my)!, and many other items. We love the chalboard menu and love the idea that the food is prepared fresh. If it takes a little longer (can't think of a time it was overly long) to have the chef prepare our meal with the freshest ingredients, then we don't mind a little wait.

We have eaten at other places at WB because the view is so good but were so disappointed in the food. We appreciate food and I can see the view of the ocean as soon as I get back to my room or just walk to the beach afterwards and walk all that great food off!

We are headed down next weekend for the week and this will be at least a one night dining committment for us!

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Save your money”
Reviewed May 22, 2010

Was just at 22 North this past weekend. Decided to go here based of the Trip Advisor reviews. Not sure what any of those people were thinking must have been their families.

It was extremely overpriced. I had the lump crab cakes for $25 and they would have been great if I had ordered breading cakes. For that price I would have expected crab cakes on the smaller side that were filled with chunks of crab. Instead I received a couple of giant breading balls. My wife had crab cakes the day before at a restaraunt down the road for half the price and with actual crab.

The wine? I have had better wine out of a box.

The atmosphere? Like a Knights of Columbus event. And, nothing against the Knight of Columbus, but it's not where I want to eat dinner while away at the beach for a few days.

I would suggest visiting any other restaraunt down there. If you have a better mean...great. If you have a worse meal...at least you didn't spend as much money.

1 Thank JTH_Travel