“Was added to our favorite WB restaurant list several years ago”

22 North Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
22 North Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Birmingham
Description: Located on historic Wrightsville Beach, 22 North has earned a reputation by visitors and locals alike as "the best kept secret on the beach." Embodying the best of traditional Lower Cape Fear cuisine with classic French and rustic Creole fare, we take pride in providing our guests with the most unique and eclectic Southern comfort food in the Wilmington area. Taking full advantage of the naturally abundant resources Cape Fear is blessed with, our menu changes virtually every day. You're sure to find local favorites along with bold, exciting, and fresh new creations! House specialties like our award-winning silky She-Crab soup, grilled Skirt Steak or our famous Shrimp n'Grits are featured along with more innovative fare such as Sweet Potato Crusted Grouper, Buttermilk fried Alligator and country ham Blue Crab Cakes. And of course our wonderful homemade desserts such as Key Lime Pie and Caramel Bread Pudding are pure delight. We invite you to come on in and make yourself at home!
Reviewed June 6, 2010

We vacation at least a week during the summer at Wrightsville Beach and have for 10 years or so. We have our favorite restaurants that we can just walk to. We stumbled upon 22 North a few years back and have not been disappointed yet.
It is now a tradition ,along with South Beach Grill for us. Some of the dishes we've had in the past include the shrimp and grits (outstanding), the flank steak (yum-o!), the corn seafood chowder (went back the next night just to get this to go), peanut butter pie (Oh, my)!, and many other items. We love the chalboard menu and love the idea that the food is prepared fresh. If it takes a little longer (can't think of a time it was overly long) to have the chef prepare our meal with the freshest ingredients, then we don't mind a little wait.

We have eaten at other places at WB because the view is so good but were so disappointed in the food. We appreciate food and I can see the view of the ocean as soon as I get back to my room or just walk to the beach afterwards and walk all that great food off!

We are headed down next weekend for the week and this will be at least a one night dining committment for us!

Reviewed May 22, 2010

Was just at 22 North this past weekend. Decided to go here based of the Trip Advisor reviews. Not sure what any of those people were thinking must have been their families.

It was extremely overpriced. I had the lump crab cakes for $25 and they would have been great if I had ordered breading cakes. For that price I would have expected crab cakes on the smaller side that were filled with chunks of crab. Instead I received a couple of giant breading balls. My wife had crab cakes the day before at a restaraunt down the road for half the price and with actual crab.

The wine? I have had better wine out of a box.

The atmosphere? Like a Knights of Columbus event. And, nothing against the Knight of Columbus, but it's not where I want to eat dinner while away at the beach for a few days.

I would suggest visiting any other restaraunt down there. If you have a better mean...great. If you have a worse meal...at least you didn't spend as much money.

1  Thank JTH_Travel
Reviewed May 4, 2010

I have been coming to 22 North for years for their great late night, I been also hearing about there food lately. So I gave it a shot, loved it. The service and food was amazing. I never would have thought that my favorite watering hole is now my favorite place to eat.

1  Thank Jjr2647
Reviewed April 29, 2010

22 North hit just the right blend for us. The food is fresh and skillfully prepared. The atmosphere is casual and unpretentious.

My wife and I were looking for a light & early dinner before we drove home to Raleigh.

I started with a salad, which was very fresh and with blue cheese dressing that was clearly home-made. Then I had the crab-cake appetizer, which was wonderful. It was perfectly cooked, well balanced between breading & crab meat and accompanied by a pair of delicious lobster ravioli..

My wife had the shrimp and grits, which was low-country/Bill Neal style (which we prefer). The jumbo shrimp were fresh & perfectly cooked. The dish was rich, but not so much as to overpower the flavor of the shrimp. I "helped" her finish it. The care with which our food was prepared was apparent throughout our meal.

Our server did a great job and was very knowledgeable about everything on the menu; no small feat considering that it changes so frequently. Prices were reasonable, especially so in light of the quality of the food. In a town full of choices for dinner, some good, many mediocre, 22 North is exceptional.

We will be back.

1  Thank RupertB64
Reviewed April 19, 2010

This was our first trip to Wrightsville Beach and we ate at 22 North based on TripAdvisor reviews. We were not disappointed. Menu is still presented on chalkboards so you know it is super fresh. Fried green tomato appetizer was superb. Stuffed shrimp and stuffed salmon entrees were both fabulous. Great "local" atmosphere. Not touristy like others (e.g. Oceanic). Staff was very friendly and seemed to know a lot of the customers.

1  Thank Joanna B