“Good fresh seafood options”

22 North Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
22 North Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Birmingham
Description: Located on historic Wrightsville Beach, 22 North has earned a reputation by visitors and locals alike as "the best kept secret on the beach." Embodying the best of traditional Lower Cape Fear cuisine with classic French and rustic Creole fare, we take pride in providing our guests with the most unique and eclectic Southern comfort food in the Wilmington area. Taking full advantage of the naturally abundant resources Cape Fear is blessed with, our menu changes virtually every day. You're sure to find local favorites along with bold, exciting, and fresh new creations! House specialties like our award-winning silky She-Crab soup, grilled Skirt Steak or our famous Shrimp n'Grits are featured along with more innovative fare such as Sweet Potato Crusted Grouper, Buttermilk fried Alligator and country ham Blue Crab Cakes. And of course our wonderful homemade desserts such as Key Lime Pie and Caramel Bread Pudding are pure delight. We invite you to come on in and make yourself at home!
Stuttgart, Germany
“Good fresh seafood options”
Reviewed August 30, 2014

Located right downtown...parking can be a challenge. The service was not great...slow and the waiter pompus and was massively distracted by his drunk friends eating at the next table. The food when we finally got it was excellent...really good food made to order. After dinner the place turns into a nightclub...so if you want to avoid that eat earlier. Again, great food.

Visited August 2014

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Lovely Dinner!”
Reviewed August 29, 2014

I stopped by 22 North for dinner with my mom, and we were pleasantly surprised after numerous sub-par dining experiences in Wilmington. The front dining area was smaller than I expected, but offered an intimate setting - especially with the presence of the large easels displaying the menu for the day. There was a short wait, and the hostess offered to call me when the table was ready so we could walk on the beach while waiting.

The food was delicious! The assortment of breads were all unique (lemon poppyseed, an herb biscuit, and some kind of cheese bread). We both had seafood for dinner, and the food was fresh and cooked perfectly. I would highly recommend trying 22 North for dinner, and I am planning on returning again soon!

• Visited August 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“A surprise in disguise”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Me and my family with kids after a full beach day wanted a simple sit down right off the beach. Honestly I thought it was a dive from the outside and I have never been so glad to be so wrong. A farm to table restaurant with amazing flavors. I would highly recommend this for your next adventure dinner just off the beach. Sand logged kids welcome and save room for the home made desserts. Amazing low country egg rolls and goodness the key lime pie! So glad we took a chance :)

1 Thank Raechelann
NoVA
“Great food, but pretty expensive.”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

The food is delicious, and very fresh. But I feel like the price is a little too steep. Also the restaurant felt like a little more 'bar scene' than upscale seafood restaurant. If I ate the exact same meal, same price, but with a ocean view and without the 'bar scene' I'd feel it was totally worth it.

1 Thank lovelylala225
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Excellent Food, Great Prices”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

My husband and I had dinner here over the weekend. The food was just outstanding! My husband had the skirt steak, which was cooked to perfection. I had their shrimp and grits, the flavors were plentiful and unique. Loved the assortment of breads (corn bread, zucchini bread). Nice wine selection, the prices were great, and so was our service. This will become one of our favorite places for dinner.

• Visited August 2014