“Great scallops”

22 North Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
22 North Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Birmingham
Description: Located on historic Wrightsville Beach, 22 North has earned a reputation by visitors and locals alike as "the best kept secret on the beach." Embodying the best of traditional Lower Cape Fear cuisine with classic French and rustic Creole fare, we take pride in providing our guests with the most unique and eclectic Southern comfort food in the Wilmington area. Taking full advantage of the naturally abundant resources Cape Fear is blessed with, our menu changes virtually every day. You're sure to find local favorites along with bold, exciting, and fresh new creations! House specialties like our award-winning silky She-Crab soup, grilled Skirt Steak or our famous Shrimp n'Grits are featured along with more innovative fare such as Sweet Potato Crusted Grouper, Buttermilk fried Alligator and country ham Blue Crab Cakes. And of course our wonderful homemade desserts such as Key Lime Pie and Caramel Bread Pudding are pure delight. We invite you to come on in and make yourself at home!
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I liked the concept of "no menu, just fresh specials", however the board which described the menu was not complete. I chose "seared scallops", thinking they would be on a bed of lettuce or something, but there was no description and the waitress didn't offer one. What I got was seared scallops on top of butternut squash ravioli with white beans. The dish was absolutely delish, I LOVED it. But, what if I didn't like ravioli? I think the waitress should have done a better job explaining each special. VERY good food though!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Wish we would have eaten here for dinner! Loved the bartender and drinks! Very friendly bartender with great service!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We almost passed on this restaurant due to the lack of curb appeal. However, a friend had recommended it so we stopped to try it out. We were very glad we did. The menu is not extensive and is presented on a large chalkboard as it changes frequently. I chose fried okra as an appetizer, which seemed an odd thing to have on a menu at an upscale restaurant, but I like it, so I ordered it. They were small okra that were fried whole. They were very good. They were served with a chipotle lime sauce that was delicious. They were also served over a large serving of French fries, which seemed a little odd to me, but I did use a few of the fries to finish off the delicious chipotle lime sauce. My husband ordered shrimp and grits, which were good. I did not care for the chorizo sausage that was part of the dish, but the shrimp were tasty. I ordered strip steak and it was perfectly cooked. Once again the sauce it was served with the best part of the meal. Overall, we had a very tasty meal served by an attentive and friendly waitress. We would come here again.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Chalkboard menu that changes daily. Food is always fresh and usually has an inventive spin. We have never had a bad meal there. The bread basket is so yummy.
While the atmosphere is not great, the food always is.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Food was average, my shrimps and grits was tasty. My husbands grouper had too much pesto on top, he just scraped it off and enjoyed the fish. Bread was small morsels of a yummy garlic bun, some banana morsel and cornbread. Had white paper as tablecloth and an oil candle that wasn't lit. Server was adequate, don't remember his name cause he didn't offer it and he didn't talk to us.

Think blackboard menus is neat, shows creativity and freshness. Chef needs to be in nicer place with a front of the house with some personality.