“Just another 5 Star review!”

22 North Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
22 North Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Birmingham
Description: Located on historic Wrightsville Beach, 22 North has earned a reputation by visitors and locals alike as "the best kept secret on the beach." Embodying the best of traditional Lower Cape Fear cuisine with classic French and rustic Creole fare, we take pride in providing our guests with the most unique and eclectic Southern comfort food in the Wilmington area. Taking full advantage of the naturally abundant resources Cape Fear is blessed with, our menu changes virtually every day. You're sure to find local favorites along with bold, exciting, and fresh new creations! House specialties like our award-winning silky She-Crab soup, grilled Skirt Steak or our famous Shrimp n'Grits are featured along with more innovative fare such as Sweet Potato Crusted Grouper, Buttermilk fried Alligator and country ham Blue Crab Cakes. And of course our wonderful homemade desserts such as Key Lime Pie and Caramel Bread Pudding are pure delight. We invite you to come on in and make yourself at home!
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I read the reviews about the decor and expected something shabby but found a simple but tasteful decor. What I never expected was that I would have a meal on par with some of the top rated restaurants I have eaten in around the country. I have an affinity for Alligator when available and sampled the Fried Alligator appetizer and have to say it was the best I have ever had including New Orleans. The Shrimp and Grits were to die for and the Swordfish was delicious. We are going back another time while here for sure especially since the menu changes every day. What delectable delights await us?

1  Thank Marques_DSounde
There are newer reviews for 22 North Restaurant

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

New menu every night featuring daily catches and farm fresh vegetables. We enjoyed the oyster soup and crawfish mac cheese as appetizers along with the warm bread options. The swordfish was moist, and the blackened red fish were excellent main course choices.

Not the best atmosphere, but a warm welcome, great food and service.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We learned about 22 North in an advertisement that pictured an upscale classy seafood restaurant, and decided to check it out. When we pulled into the less than spacious parking lot, we thought maybe we had the wrong place. The building appears rundown and shabby, and we held out hope for the inside... nope, the inside is just as shabby and rundown in appearance and could stand major renovations... but we decided, as late as it was, we would try the food. The difference couldn't be more distinct!

We ordered cocktails which were not artfully delivered, but were good. As we enjoyed our cocktails, we perused the menu and made our selections. My wife started with the bacon-wrapped scallop appetizer which she declared to be among the tastiest she had enjoyed. They were not the re-heated, made offsite, type of bacon-wrapped scallops which are encountered in many other restaurants, but were extremely good and freshly prepared.

My wife ordered the snapper for her entree and it arrived cooked as requested - medium well - fresh and flaky and very satisfactory. I ordered the shrimp and grits (with tasso ham gravy). Many restaurants try to serve you a small amount of rubbery shrimp served over a bed on tasteless instant grits... served warm if you are lucky. BUT, 22 North's shrimp and grits featured seven large shrimp on a bed of the creamiest grits I have found in a restaurant (made the Old South way with cream and slow cooking) and the tastiest Tasso Ham gravy I have ever had the pleasure of putting in my mouth. I asked the waitress to tell the chef how much I appreciated his efforts with the shrimp and grits and she replied that he received many compliments on the dish and often varies the type of sauce/gravy he uses.

My wife ordered the Key Lime pie for dessert. She is a tradionalist and prefers a flaky pastry style crust with a Key Lime pie, but this version has a buttery graham cracker style crust (I found it to be very good, but she missed the flaky style crust). We both agreed that the Key Lime filling was among the best tasting concoction we have recently found!

We were pleased that we decided to stay and have dinner at 22 North, and encourage other non-locals to look pass the exterior - and interior - of the building and enjoy a well-designed and artfully prepared meal... if you can find a parking place.

2  Thank jhbele
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Four of us had dinner at 22 North on Friday night.
We were met by a delightful hostess who showed us right to our window table.
I started off with pig ears that were braised in Pepsi and vegetables and then finished off by deep frying and a Pepsi glaze. MOuth watering to say the least.
We all had fish on our minds and we were not disappointed. My wahoo was superb.
Our other dishes of diver scallops and sword fish were perfection. If that wasn't enough, the peanut butter pie was absolutely killer as was the Cabo Wabo cheese cake.
Don't miss this place. These people have skills!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We have lived here for over 12 years and even thought their food is very good, the place is an embarrassment. How about some new paint, floors, décor, lighting...Robert Irvine from HGTV would have a field day in there. The feeling is dark and dismal and the staff seemed unhappy to be there. There are not that many local places in Wrightsville Beach to eat and 220 North makes a terrible impression on visitors. Dragging around those big menu boards is getting old and a nice regular menu would do. I hope they will consider some big spring cleaning!