“Pleasantly Surprised”

22 North Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
22 North Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Birmingham
Description: Located on historic Wrightsville Beach, 22 North has earned a reputation by visitors and locals alike as "the best kept secret on the beach." Embodying the best of traditional Lower Cape Fear cuisine with classic French and rustic Creole fare, we take pride in providing our guests with the most unique and eclectic Southern comfort food in the Wilmington area. Taking full advantage of the naturally abundant resources Cape Fear is blessed with, our menu changes virtually every day. You're sure to find local favorites along with bold, exciting, and fresh new creations! House specialties like our award-winning silky She-Crab soup, grilled Skirt Steak or our famous Shrimp n'Grits are featured along with more innovative fare such as Sweet Potato Crusted Grouper, Buttermilk fried Alligator and country ham Blue Crab Cakes. And of course our wonderful homemade desserts such as Key Lime Pie and Caramel Bread Pudding are pure delight. We invite you to come on in and make yourself at home!
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Simple, relaxing- great food. Mixed crowd- not an older crowd as was mentioned. The dining area is seperate from the bar area, which made it nice.The wait staff was friendly and attentive. Free parking north side of the building.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

During our four-hour drive to the Wilmington NC area, I read restaurant reviews and created a short list to try during our long weekend stay. We are so glad we decided on 22 North. We pulled into town at 7PM on a Friday night and went straight to 22 North in Wrightsville Beach which was close to our hotel. What a great find! Casual and low key, this place served wonderful dishes. I totally enjoyed Srimp and Grits while my husband had the best Tuna Steak ever. We enjoyed a great wine selection and then a Key Lime Tart. I highly recommend 22 North and will visit again when in the area.

1  Thank Dianspgh
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I found the food pretty ordinary. The fish was overcooked and the ingredients were fussier than I liked. Most of the people in the restaurant were elderly. I think it is popular with the older crowd. The service was attentive.

Reviewed January 3, 2012

We visited this neat little restaurant in the early afternoon on New Year's Eve. We knew nothing about it, and simply wanted to eat someplace near our hotel. What a nice surprise! The menu was "blackboard only" and included the nice fresh local seafood for that day. I had a hankering for shrimp and grits, (we don't get that in the north) but it wasn't on the menu. There were no vegetarian offerings listed on the board, and my husband is a vegetarian, so we almost decided it wasn't the place for us, but the chef came out and spoke to us personally. He asked us what kind of dish we were looking for, and said he didn't mind preparing whatever we liked! He made a fabulous penne pasta and vegetable dish for my husband, and extraordinary shrimp and grits for me, with a lovely touch of pepper oil that was simply exquisite! The salad was also fresh and wonderful. We even had dessert..key lime pie and I had the most fabulous espresso cheesecake, just to die for! Our waiter was a complete sweetheart too. Needless to say we were thoroughly stuffed and thought the food was wonderful. We so appreciated that this talented chef took the time and effort to accommodate us. I would definitely recommend this place. This is some unexpectedly fine dining in a casual atmosphere that I think would please any foodie palate.
Kate and Craig
Washington, D.C.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

wonderful food creatively prepared by the chef who is local to the area...you will not be disappointed!!!!