“It was just "okay"”

22 North Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
22 North Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Birmingham
Description: Located on historic Wrightsville Beach, 22 North has earned a reputation by visitors and locals alike as "the best kept secret on the beach." Embodying the best of traditional Lower Cape Fear cuisine with classic French and rustic Creole fare, we take pride in providing our guests with the most unique and eclectic Southern comfort food in the Wilmington area. Taking full advantage of the naturally abundant resources Cape Fear is blessed with, our menu changes virtually every day. You're sure to find local favorites along with bold, exciting, and fresh new creations! House specialties like our award-winning silky She-Crab soup, grilled Skirt Steak or our famous Shrimp n'Grits are featured along with more innovative fare such as Sweet Potato Crusted Grouper, Buttermilk fried Alligator and country ham Blue Crab Cakes. And of course our wonderful homemade desserts such as Key Lime Pie and Caramel Bread Pudding are pure delight. We invite you to come on in and make yourself at home!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“It was just "okay"”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I was really looking forward to trying this place out especially after reading the reviews. I liked the fact that they change the menus daily according to what is fresh and in season. I also liked the interesting variety that was offered on the menu. This is where it ended for me- We ordered the crab cake with a lemon wasabi sauce as an appetizer. The crab cake was overdone, very bready and lots of filler - probably one of the worst crab cakes that I have ever eaten. The "lemon wasabi" sauce was overly sweet with out any taste of wasabi. The spinach salad tasted like bagged spinach with a few boxed croutons and one slice of hard boiled egg and a slice of red onion. My main entree was the skirt steak on mashed potatoes. The steak was full of fat and grizzle and I could not eat it. The potatoes and roasted vegetables were the best part of the meal. The service was average and it appeared that there was no vested interest from the server.

• Visited August 2011

Seattle
“pretty good, probably closer to 3.5 circles”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

`not a lot of dining choices in Wrightsville, but walking from where we stay. Would go back again, but probably only once per year. Best spot on the beach that we have eaten however.

• Visited July 2011
“How can this place be ranked #1?”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We tried this restaurant out based on the trip advisor ratings and were disappointed - the crab cakes and fritters were bready to the point that the bread was all you could taste. The shrimp in the jambalaya were undercooked, the chicken not properly chopped, and the dish was dry. The house wine was terrible. There are so many other nice restaurants nearby - don't waste your time and money on this one!

2 Thank FandM1974
Ashburn, Virginia
“Not as Great as all the Hype”
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Our family went here based on all the wonderful reviews and we were really let down. It was a very expensive meal for so-so fare. My husbands tuna was overcooked on the ends but okay in the center. My daughter and I had lobster baked in a pastry. Again, just okay. The appetizers are small in portions so if you have a family of four (like us) not everyone can sample what's on the plate. We were also given a bread basket with tiny pieces of bread (one jalepeno cornbread, one pumpkin bread and one sundried tomato bread) I would call them bread poppers. The menu changes daily because, as our waiter explained, the food is caught fresh locally. Don't know how you catch fresh pork chops but whatever. If you don't like what's on the menu that day you are kinda stuck. They do have a kids menu. My advice, save the money and go somewhere else.

Kernersville, North Carolina
“A wonderful blend of flavors fron the first bite!”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

My wife and I dined here and thoroughly enjoyed it. The service was friendly and attentive, but not overbearing. And the food was excellent! My wife had the pan seared scallops that were fresh and perfectly browned on each side. They were served with a fresh corn relish and steamed rice. I had the pork chops - two perfectly cooked bone-in chops that were tender and flavorful (fresh rosemary) and served with mashed potatoes, grilled veggies and a rich pan reduction sauce. We each had a glass of wine and the bill including tip was $68. We will be back on our next trip to Wrightsville!