“Absolutely awsome!”

Sean's Private Surf Instruction
More attraction details
Owner description: Why Us? Because you are looking for the safest, most effective & valuable surf lesson in Wrightsville Beach, NC. Discover how easy surfing can be with our niche method of instruction: ONE INSTRUCTOR PER STUDENT. This ensures you'll safely be taught the amazing & spiritual pursuit of wave-riding in no time! We make booking surf lessons as easy as possible! Lessons can be booked at our conveniently located W.B. shop, through our website, by phone or by email! We are also very proud to say that our instructors are the real-deal! They're local, life long surfers who are all CPR/First Aid certified and love to teach! But don't let us tell you we're the best, our awesome reviews speak for themselves! We hope to see you gliding across some tasty Carolina waves soon!
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We booked Sean every of our holiday for our two boys – aged 9 and 5. Sean was incredibly professional and informative from the get go. We booked from the UK and Sean was very responsive and informative by phone and email before we arrived. Sean’s attention to safety and detail was impressive. He was hugely knowledgeable about the water and tides and was able to make sure that we always had the best waves of the day. By the end of the 5 days both boys were riding incredible waves and had learnt more about surfing than anywhere else we had been. The progress was truly impressive. I would recommend Sean to anyone – he is second to none. You will have an amazing time and learn so much. We are so grateful we found him and the boys had a brilliant time. Thank you Sean!!

1  Thank Arabella K
"blast"
"wetsuits"
"wrightsville"

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I have taken multiple private lessons from all the big players in WB over the past 4 years and my lessons with Sean trumped them all. He had me riding down the line, bottom turning, catching my own waves and he taught me how to be self sufficient. His pricing is beyond fair! He also taught my two kids aged 6.5 years to surf and had them both riding waves within the first few attempts of popping up. Sign up, get in the water and ride a wave with SEAN!

1  Thank Jon S
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Sean was personable and warm every time we my him each of my kids took more than a few lessons' (even one with a broken arm). Sean and his crew were patient and knowledgable. The 6 kids he taught talk about surfing every single day! He did such a great job on teaching them about the dangers in the ocean that I felt very comfortable letting them rent boards and go out in their own! If you are deciding on who to choose, choose Sean. He truly cares and the student and has a love and passion for surfing and the ocean!
~Whitney
(6/18-7/13 - 2014)
Kansas City

1  Thank Wcpritchard1215
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Surfing has always been on my bucket list and I was determined I was going to give it a go for my birthday this year. I was there on June 5th and had only booked for a couple of hours because that's all I really had time for. Plus, I didn't want to take a chance if I didn't like it. Turns out I didn't...I LOVED IT!!! Sean is an incredible teacher! He has the patience of Job. He's encouraging and works with you on your level and gives you confidence you can learn to surf and eventually do it on your own. He made sure he explained things thoroughly and that I felt comfortable enough that when the first wave came I was ready to at least give it a try. By the time the third one came I was up on the board and officially riding my first wave ever! I can easily see how people get addicted to this. I wish I had booked more time with him. I know if I had Sean would have had me ready for Hawaii before I left. :) Out of all the instructors on the beach Sean is the only one that is one-on-one. That is the only way to go with a sport like surfing. Any other way is too dangerous. His focus is on you and making sure you know what you're doing and why. His prices are very reasonable. I wouldn't go with anyone else. Sean is the best hands down. I have two daughters and when I go back he will be the only one I trust to take them out in the ocean and teach them. Can't wait to go back again!

1  Thank irishlass170