“Flavor-U-Savor”

Bluewater Waterfront Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Established in 2000, Bluewater Waterfront Grill is picturesque restaurant located on the Intracoastal Waterway in Wrightsville Beach, NC. Service, hospitality and outstanding local cuisine are top priority. The menu features selections of fresh seafood and American fare, offering unique, chef-driven dishes, as well as classic coastal favorites. Bluewater offers spacious dining rooms, private event spaces and has a large outdoor patio where guests can dine and relax while watching sailboats and yachts glide by on the sparkling water. Bluewater has continuously been voted Best Outdoor Dining by Encore Magazine and its outdoor patio includes and a full service bar, and large fans & shades to make dining comfortable during the summer months. Dock access is available.
Reviewed September 3, 2014

Enjoy the fresh catch of the day as you dine on an assortment of seafood and American entree's. The shrimp and bb-ribs were to die for....and the alcoholic mixed drinks was scrumptious!!!

Reviewed September 2, 2014

Four of us went here for dinner Saturday night. We have been here before for lunch. Very pretty surroundings. We ordered two salads and an order of calamari. We also ordered four entrees. Our table had no silverware. After about 20 minutes one salad came out. I then had to ask for silverware, since the waiter was leaving. I also asked where the other appetizers were. He said they were coming. About 15 minutes later the second salad came out and about 10 minutes after that came the calamari. No surprise when entrees came out before we finished. Unfortunately only 3 of the 4 entrees arrived. What happened to the fourth was a mystery. The manager came around the room to check if all was well. When I pointed out that there was no entree in front of me he went into the kitchen and came back out triumphant, stating that it was delayed because I was a "joiner". When I realized what he was saying, I corrected him, as we all arrived together and ordered together. My entree came out about 10 minutes after that, after everyone else was finished. No one was impressed with the food. My entree was the mediterranean fish special. Tasteless on a mountain of mashed potatoes. When the waiter delivered the check, I noticed that other tables were being served bread to start with. I asked how come we did not get bread. He stated we had to request bread. REALLY?

2  Thank AttnySteve
Reviewed September 2, 2014

The food is really good! I love this place.. good food (the crab cake is great) and a beautiful view!
I will come back next year.

Reviewed August 30, 2014

We recently had a dinner outside on the deck. The views are spectacular and the deck is a great place to dine. Our meals were good but be prepared to pay the price to dine on the water. It truly is expensive. However, the food was good and the portions, except for the scallop dinner, we're large. The kids fried shrimp was huge and really good. Perfectly fried. They were the same shrimp that the adults had on the fried seafood platters. Tons of food and no one finished all that was on their plate. I had a Greek salad and added a crab cake. The crab cake was good and the salad was fresh. Unfortunately, the salad was soaked in dressing. Too bad. Although my husband's scallops were good there weren't many in his dinner and they were disappointingly small.

The service was good. It took awhile for the meals but it is nice to relax outside.

FYI call ahead seating is available but you can only call 30 minutes prior to your arrival.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

I recently went to this restaurant and had a really good experience. First it was right beside a marina so you could see boats coming in and beside the docks. Also the sun was setting right in that area, although you couldn't see it go all the way down due to the trees but it was still a lovely early evening setting. Also the wait to get in was not at all what they thought it would be as they predicted 20 minutes and sat us in 5. The hostess was very pleasant and friendly and did not get impatient with me when I changed my mind about how many in our party and told her to hold on so I could make a phone call to my husband to see when he might arrive from traveling out of town to join us. She never lost her cool as I stepped aside to figure that out.

The service itself was excellent and the food was good. What most impressed me, which is why I decided to write this review, was that I noticed that there was a manager who approached the woman sitting at a table nearby. He had observed that her husband had gotten up from the table with one of their small children, so he offered to keep her husband's food warm back in the kitchen until he returned so that it would not get cold. THAT was customer service!!