“Great Views”

Bluewater Waterfront Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Established in 2000, Bluewater Waterfront Grill is picturesque restaurant located on the Intracoastal Waterway in Wrightsville Beach, NC. Service, hospitality and outstanding local cuisine are top priority. The menu features selections of fresh seafood and American fare, offering unique, chef-driven dishes, as well as classic coastal favorites. Bluewater offers spacious dining rooms, private event spaces and has a large outdoor patio where guests can dine and relax while watching sailboats and yachts glide by on the sparkling water. Bluewater has continuously been voted Best Outdoor Dining by Encore Magazine and its outdoor patio includes and a full service bar, and large fans & shades to make dining comfortable during the summer months. Dock access is available.
Reviewed July 14, 2014

My family went to Bluewater for dinner recently and had a very nice meal. They do not take reservations, but you can call 30 minutes before you arrive and put your name on the wait list. We did, and when we arrived, we were quickly seated. Sit outside if the weather is nice. They have great views of the inner causeway. No one had a bad meal, but no one had an outstanding dish. I would return when in the area.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Gave this place two tries and still nothing...

First Try- Thanksgiving Day 2013
My Boyfriend and I just moved to NC and were looking for an upscale Thanksgiving experience. Our parents were coming in from NY and we wanted to WOW them. The reviews for their "high-end" buffet (promised fresh fruit/shrimp/all the traditional dishes) were enough to convince us. I called and made a reservation twice!! We called a little closer to Thanksgiving to change our dining time and they had no idea what we were talking about??!
Anywho, onto dinner....the 4pm seating must have been the last because the food was picked through. Half the items we were promised were "out" , as we were nonchalantly informed. It was a struggle to get a drink or waters filled. There was NO carving station and the turkey wasn't even fresh. They must have gone into their deli turkey roll up reserves. We were asked about what pie we wanted for dessert, conversation as follows...
Pumpkin
"We are out"
Pecan
"We are out"
Well, what do you have?
"Ummmm, let me check"
Complete rip off and a HUGE disappointment for our families; I was beyond embarrassed. We stopped for fast food on the way home. What a memorable thanksgiving....

Second try-
We tried everything to avoid eating here again but Wrightsville Beach on a Sunday is chaos Finding a place to park let alone a restaurant with seating for four is close to impossible. We put our name on the waiting list and stood at the bar to order some drinks. Our bartender was great and he mixed up some tasty Miami Vices for us! After about 35 mins I went to check with the hostess stand about our place in line. She informed me that my name was never on the list!!! (said with no remorse) What, what, whatttt?? Well, I knew service was terrible so I grabbed the manager that was there observing the girl who made the reservation when we walked in. Luckily she did not accuse us of not checking in and scampered away to get us a table. Food was fine, service was awful, we will not return.

2  Thank Yolo28
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Arrived when they opened at 11 for lunch on Sun. 3 of us shared the spicy Bacon Wrapped Scallops with pico de gallo and the Wedge Salad with pico vinaigrette. Yes, they were yummy. Choosing the main course was a challenge but settled on blackened fish tacos, blackened salmon wrap, & seafood lasagna. We ended with the flourless chocolate tort. Perfect score! Server Brittainy was very attentive as were others who stopped by to clear off dishes or to check on how we were doing. Oh, did I mention about the incredible view sitting at water level watching a constant parade of boats? I could go on & on. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

1st time visitor but will not be the last ... had several great meals at the outside veranda and the Mixed Grill and Seafood Fest was great ... a fillet of grilled salmon, grilled mahi amhi and shrimp with beans and rice and grilled veggies ... the other members got several various salads and we shared parts of the grilled seafood .... Ask for David C. as a waiter ..was very attentive and professional
The marina view and soft warm breezes made for a delightful evening

Definitely on my list of must return grills

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We ate here twice during our vacation the prices were a little high but the food was good I had a calabash seafood platter and ask for a substitution for oysters and they get it with no problem.