“Best crab cake!!!”

Oceanic Oceanfront Dining
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2011

My husband & I went straight to the Oceanic restaurant, after traveling 2 hours in this horrible HEAT. What a way to enjoy a cold corona on the beach in AIR CONDITIONING! The crab cake and sunburned shrimp was so good! Very good service too!

Reviewed July 10, 2011

Went here with my father for lunch on July 4th, and was terribly disappointed. Was looking forward to having a cool drink and some good seafood, but it was not what I got at all. The restaurant itself was nice, clean, etc and for the most part the service was fine, albeit a little slow. However...the food/drinks were terrible. I ordered a mojito, which basically just tasted like seltzer water and lime, absolutely no alcohol content whatsoever even though it was in a huge glass (almost abnormally sized for a mojito). I ordered the crabcake sandwhich which was downright disgusting. It was overcooked and had a very bitter, unpleasantly tasting sauce. I couldn't even eat it. My dad ordered fish tacos which were better than my crabcake, but not by much.

Then, as we were leaving to go to the beach, we asked the manager if we couldn't just keep our car parked in the lot while we went to the beach for an hour at most. She said no, even though their lot was hardly full. I understand following a policy or whatever, but she had a stick up her butt and was rude.

My dad had been before and said the fried food is good but...I don't think I'd bother going back to try.

2  Thank skay210
Reviewed June 24, 2011

My husband and I went here for my birthday dinner and I was SO EXCITED, thinking it would be great. The view of the Atlantic is fantatic. Everything else...terrible! We ordered our seafood broiled instead of friend and apparently, someone in the kitchen decided that meant ZERO seasoning. It was awful! The hushpuppies were very "big-commercial-bag-of-crappy-processed-food-you-throw-in-the-deep-fryer" tasting. (Honestly, I thought Long John Silver's were TONS better!) All of the sides we had with our fish tasted the same. Just another restaurant frying up the same, crappy sides. Sorry, OCEANIC...I wanted to love you (especially on my birthday), but it was terrible!

5  Thank amylovesred
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I was surprised by the bad reviews this place had gotten, because I had a great time. We had no wait in getting to our table, but that may have been because we called ahead. The view was beautiful, the waiter was pleasant and checked on us often and the food was excellent. I had a cup of she-crab soup for an appetizer(wonderful taste, but a little more crab would have been nice) and finished my family member's seafood gumbo (just plain excellent.) I ordered the crab stuffed shrimp and was amazed by the fresh quality. It was cooked to perfection. My family member's crab cakes were also fresh and tasted wonderful. We brought home every molecule of leftover food; we didn't want to leave any of the good taste behind. I recommend this place highly for a fancy dinner.

2  Thank ellenduck
Reviewed June 18, 2011

My husand and I visited the Oceanic to celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary. What a disappointment! The waitstaff was polite and efficent but the food was awful. My husband and I both ordered the crab stuffed mahi-mahi. The dish comes with beans & rice? and sauted mixed vegs that consisted of squash, zucchini and pimentoes. Gross.
We asked if we could substitute a baked potato for the rice and beans and were told that they do not serve baked potatoes any longer. Chose the garlic mashed that were very gluey and lumpy. The fish was swimming in a lot of water on my plate, a hallmark of frozen fish. The crabmeat was also once frozen and watery. What made matters worse was that the dish had absolutely no flavor at all. Bland and watery. The two entrees cost $42. and there was no house salad! What an awful way to celebrate a milestone anniversary. At one time the Oceanic was a very good restaurant, but no longer.
Save your money and eat elsewhere.

4  Thank gadabout1313