“very romantic and great food and entertainment”

Shell Island Bistro
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, International, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wilmington, North Carolina
“very romantic and great food and entertainment”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Last night my wife and I decided to try a new restaurant and we were very pleasantly surprised. When we arrived we were asked if we wanted to eat outside. Of course, why we would eat on the Oceanfront and not enjoy eating with the sound of the surf. The only sour note was that they didn't have any candles to read the menu. I was going to have the rack of lamb but when the waitress said their special was swordfish in a ginger and lime broth with mushroom carrots onions I couldn't resist. Boy, was I glad I did. FANTASTIC. There was a trio playing in the bar area, and he was great, and then the harvest Moon came up and wow..my wife and I really enjoyed it. The people in the tables next to us were really enjoying it. I heartily advise that you will too. ps remember to get rolls to enjoy the remaining broth!

• Visited September 2013

Wilmington, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Should have gone elsewhere!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Eight of us went for lunch a week ago. Should have known when we walked in and we were the only ones there on the Thursday of Labor Day weekend. Took forever to get the food and when it arrived the food that should have been hot was cold. One of the women asked for crackers or a roll. Seems they had a hard time finding any. Finally, when lunch was over two frozen little arrived. It's a good thing we all have a sense of humor. We all go out for lunch often and try to try restaurants that we have not been to. We will not return to this one! On the up side is a very nice restaurant with a lovely view and poor food. Needs a new chef.

• Visited August 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Needed breakfast and fast”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

After driving for nearly 12 hours we were dead tired and wanted the nearest food. After checking in my boyfriend and I headed straight for the bistro. We stood there awkwardly for a few minutes before asking if we sat ourselves or not. Then we waited because we wasn't sure if we could go straight for the buffet or not. After another few minutes I got up and asked, again, if we could get our food. I think they are used to people knowing exactly what to do.

The food itself was good. They had a chef cooking made to order omelets and waffles as well as a hot and cold bar buffet.

• Visited August 2013
Gastonia
“Checkout the Children's Menu”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The Children's Menu was a great value. One order could be shared among multiple children. The Chicken Strips were the best ever.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank tgortney
Durham, North Carolina
“Right on the Beach!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Shell Island. The staff is courteous and attentive. The hotel is very clean. The suites are all privately owned so each one is different and some may be maintained better than others. All of the suites have a small balcony with a beach view. Our suite was ok but the bed was not that comfortable. We did enjoy our stay though.

Visited May 2013