“Good pizza, enjoyable evening with some below-average service”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Mellow Mushroom at Wrightsville Beach is a fun and eclectic restaurant for everyone! Our menu offers a wide range of variety including gluten free, vegetarian and vegan options. Come see us on your way to or leaving our beautiful beach!
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I were in Wrightsville Beach for a conference/retreat and decided to breakaway for a fun Friday night dinner. Overall we had a good time, the pizza was very good and we each enjoyed a local (NC) beer on tap. However, the service was both slow and just not very good. We arrived around 7:45pm and it was busy but not totally packed. We waited a good 5 minutes before anyone noticed us or asked if we needed to be seated. A hostess looked outside for us (which was nice) but there were no tables so we opted for a high-top one inside. She then disappeared for several minutes and in the meantime another hostess took a few people who had just arrived to the same table we had been promised! It was a long table with room for both of us, but it was odd that we were still waiting while we had been seated. Then we waited another little while until one of the bartenders noticed that we hadn't been able to place our order, so he took it for us and brought our beer very quickly. I also ordered a side salad that never appeared (and wasn't on our bill, so it's clear it was never put into the system...but luckily we didn't have to pay for it either!). It took a LONG time for the pizza, but in the end it was worth it and we had a nice evening. I might go back with the expectation that the service is below average, but most of the issues seem to be fixable (and obvious), so I hope perhaps they can improve.

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

I have always really enjoyed Mellow's in NC and really like the large beer list. This location at Wrightsville has great food, but the beer list is very small compared to other Mellow Mushrooms.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

What can I say about the food? Others have said it; great pizza (the crust makes it), unique and tasty appetizers, and a large booze selection. My wife and I don't eat animal parts or secretions, so when we ask for a mega-veggie pizza with no cheese and no oil/cheese on the crust, they happily and accurately accommodate us. The decor is really cool - there is metal ocean art hanging from the ceiling. You'll know what I mean when you get there. Yummy stuff!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

It was great...service was great....will eat with them again !! We had salads and Great Bloody Marys that were on special.

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Mellow Mushroom was a pleasant surprise! Their bogie sandwiches are packed with flavor was well as their pizzas! My party chose the magic mushroom soup (delicious and rich), the jerk chicken hogie, steak & cheese hogie, chicken and cheese hogie, and I got a 14" pizza half "holy shiitake" and half "karma". The Karma was good, but the shittake was fantastic!!! The beer selection was good, but the $4 margarita was a bit salty. Overall service was great and the atmosphere fits its name...nice and mellow. A great place to relax and enjoy some time with friends before or after the beach!