“Great View...HORRIBLE SERVICE”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Harbor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wrightsville Beach
Harbor Inn
Manteo, North Carolina
“Great View...HORRIBLE SERVICE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

I just returned home from Harbor Inn and the hotel itself is okay, but the service is horrible. We had rooms 301 & 302 for this weekend. 301 had black mold around air vent over bunk and dirty blankets & 302 had a broken phone and stained spare pillows. We got back on Saturday and the room had not been cleaned. I went downstairs to complain and was told that they only change out towels with the maid service. They don't make the beds, clean the bathroom or vacuum. I don't find that acceptable at all since I'm a property manager at the OBX. I was told they are a non service amenity hotel and all the units are individually owned. THey will only give you one roll of toilet paper so you may want to bring your own because if you run out at night (like us) then you are out of luck as there is no one on staff at all at night time. They refuse to give you more than one parking pass even though there were empty spaces at the hotel and they had vacancy. I will be reporting them to the hotel management association as I felt I was lied to by the front desk guy about units being indiviudually owned and the maid service. They don't DISCLOSE on their website that they don't do that. They told me that they were the cheapest hotel in Wrightsville beach like that makes up for them doing nothing. BTW $235 a night per room is pretty expensive so they need to get their act together. The pool was never vacummed the entire weekend. I picked out cigarette butts out of pool the only time I went in. Also, the ice machine was broken the first night and there is only one on the third floor for all of the units. On the plus side, was the view and the floating dock was nice to sit on. You can hear traffic all night long as well as people going over the bridge. I WOULD NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN DUE TO THE SERVICE.

Room Tip: Don't choose 301 with black mold around vents
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
8 Thank Chrissy M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stayed here Father's Day weekend 2014 with 2 boys and 4 adults. This hotel is just a short walk from the beach. The only downside is the limited parking. We highly recommend Harbor Inn at Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank OnTheRoadAgainAreWe
NC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

I hate to write a review like this BUT... our family stayed at this property and had a sleepless night. When we checked in the property, it seemed really great. Nicely furnished room with a view and access to the intracoastal waterway and a small pool area right on the water. However, our happy experience turned into a stressful situation at 2:30 am.

There were a group of drunk, inconsiderate guests that were partying and making a lot of noise both at the pool area, on heir balcony and in the stairwells. To my extreme dismay, I discovered that this property does not have any staff or security on site overnight! I called the hotel number and got a recording giving me an emergency number. I called the emergency number to report the situation after talking to these guests failed to work. I was told it would be resolved but the noise continued until 4am. At 4 am, I called the emergency number again and re-reported the noise. At this time, the person on the phone asked me for a room number of the guests. The situation was finally resolved shortly after this call.

So going back to my first statement about hating a write a review like this. IF the property had some overnight staff that resolved this more quickly, I would just chalk this up to rude, obnoxious guests and not blame the hotel. However, if you are hotel and have no overnight staff or security in a college town, you are asking for this types of situations to occur.

For this reason, I give this property a thumbs down. The general manager of this place needs to get more control in the overnight hours.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank LadyRouge
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

First time staying here and we've been coming here for >30 years. Last minute Memorial Day plans resulted in us not getting our other location, but HI had a room and we took it. Was very pricy , however it was a "beach kickoff" holiday weekend and you can expect that for this weekend. Loved the room - we had 4th floor - great views of inner-coastal waterway and nice balcony to sit on in for coffee in the am's or to relax in the evenings. Can sleep 6 - 1 Q bed, 2 bunks, pull out couch. Cross between a studio and efficiency . Agree w/ Rebecah3421 comment about the TV - however, we didn't really watch it much, so wasn't an issue for us. Pool available for kids (very small pool) and it's located on the W'beach Loop , so convenient to walk The Loop, near restaurants and easy walk to the beach. Will admit being beside the busy main beach road into W'ville Beach was loud during day - not a problem at night or bedtime. Really nice staff - very clean rooms. I'd recommend and will stay there again , too!

Room Tip: Ask for 4th floor - best views. All rooms have a water waterview.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Soosun3916
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed very recently at the Harbor Inn and we were immediately impressed with the view and the overall decor of the room. The room was extremely chic and modern looking w/ a GREAT view over the harbor and bridge. However, into the second day of our stay we came to realize how incredibly odd the location of the TV was positioned - it was attached to the wall in between the living/sitting area and bed; which means, wherever you are in the room you're twisting your neck for the entirety of your TV-watching experience. I realize this is a minor critique, but when you wake up from the second night's stay with a kink in your neck and your lower back aching you begin to wonder if it was from watching the TV for awhile at a weird angle, or, it was the lack of a box-spring under the bed! Also, there were some minor cosmetic details in the room that needed fixing/cleaning & the air conditioner was a bit loud when running. But, the staff were friendly and we did enjoy the feeling of staying at a small hotel. Overall, I would consider staying here again but only for one night at a time due to the lack of box-spring.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rebecah3421
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

My girlfriends and I stayed at Harbor Inn during Memorial Day weekend. The room we got was amazing with a view over the river and bridge. It's not waterfront property but we did not find that this was a problem, in fact it worked out better--the beach is a 5 min walk and it was easier to drive to Wilmington as traffic on the bridge can get backed up. Our room was huge, like a studio apartment including kitchen, and the bed is the most comfy bed I have ever slept in! If you can't be bothered to face the crowds on the beach, you can lie on the dock behind the pool and sunbathe there. No negatives about this place at all. I highly recommend Harbor Inn!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Michelle O
Kings Mountain, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

We'd stayed at a rinky dink hotel in Carolina Beach on Friday night but Saturday we found this place. I realize places have normal problems and everything can't be perfect all the time but we absolutely loved this place. We had our 4 year old Autistic Grandson with us so it was perfect that the balcony was seperated from the neighbors with a concrete wall and the railing was high. The traffic and people walking across the bridge entertained him as well as the variety of TV channels. He's a Nick Jr. fan and we'd never found a hotel before that made us feel so at home. we loved it and will stay again.....We loved it so much that once we checked in we ordered pizza from a local Italian Restaurant and stayed in for the night. Beautiful, beautiful views and you can see the beach through some of the vacation homes so you're not secluded and totally out of the loop....Plenty for people watchers to see!!!! Highly recommend....

Room Tip: If you're looking for comfort, waterfront, stellar views and a room that is perfect for family t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Blockade Runner Beach Resort
Blockade Runner Beach Resort
#1 of 9 in Wrightsville Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,005 reviews

Been to Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!