“What's Happened to the Harbor Inn?”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Harbor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wrightsville Beach
Harbor Inn
“What's Happened to the Harbor Inn?”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

My family and I have stayed at the Harbor Inn several times because of its nice rooms and excellent location in Wrightsville Beach. the last time we stayed, however, I was extremely disappointed. We booked two rooms, one for my husband and me and one for our college sophomore and high-school junior. our kids' room was awful. There were clothes on the floor of the closet, and one of the drawers in the dresser didn't have a front! The office is only staffed during check-in time, so there was no one to complain to about the condition of the room. Our other stays were fine, so this most recent stay was very shocking.

• Stayed October 2011
8 Thank Wsnccdav

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed January 15, 2012

If you have to be in Wilmington for business and need a hotel room, the Harbor Inn is THE place to stay. The rooms accommodate quite a few people and are nicely designed with a kitchenette incorporated. It's the last stop before you cross the Intracoastal into Wrightsville.

Room Tip: Room was near ice machine, but pleasantly quiet. View out over the ICC. Parking underneath building...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Myaglubpanny
Reidsville, North Carolina
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Found this online while my girlfriend and I was traveling to Wilmington nc. Small size office nothing fancy but all the staff answered all our questions about places to eat, the room, etc. The room was a surprise. With a small kitchen two bunk beds queen size bed and a sleeper sofa two theater size chairs to watch the flat screen tv. Very clean. The hotel is on the causeway so there is traffic going across the bridge. But it was not a distraction because the view of the water, boats, birds, and beautiful homes were serene. There was also a pool (just too cold at this time to take a dip). The cost was very reasonable especially for the size and wonderful design. My favorite each bed had bedside reading lights you could adjust personally to read a good book.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank gabykat7
United States
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Our stay was overshadowed by a dispute with them.

My wife made a reservation, but never received a confirmation. She called back weeks later and they had no record of our reservation. So, she made another. Again--- no confirmation.

Luckily, when we showed up, they did have us in their system.

On the day of our return, they called us saying we were no- shows and were charging us for one night.

Turns out, they claim we made a reservation at their "sister" property. We reasoned that we did stay at one of their properties, couldn't possibly stay at both properties, but they were insistent and refused to refund the one night's fee.

We called AmEx, disputed the charge and they will deal with it.

As for the motel, it's nice. I say "motel" because there are no interior hallways, no services, and the soaps are the tiniest things you've ever seen. I have packs of gum bigger than their soap bars.

One towel was torn and ragged (inexcusable).

Rooms are nice: think Ikea. New, modern furnishings, appliances and fixtures.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank HomoQuiScitOmnia
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed June 24, 2011

The Harbor Inn was perfect for a group of 6 female friends spending a week at the beach! It is located in a perfect location. We were 5 minutes walking distance to the beach and to the restaurants and bars of Wrightsville Beach. The size of the room was not too small for the 6 of us. There was a Queen size bed, pull out sofa bed, and set of twin bunk beds. We found all the mattresses comfortable. The room is updated and modern. The kitchenette was the right size for a one week stay. We ate our breakfast and lunch in the room everyday. All the rooms have a view of the harbor. The staff was all very helpful. And all of this for a great price! I would definitely return and would definitely recommend it to others!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank lbbunc
North Carolina
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Greetings! I went to Wrightsville Beach and stayed in this GEM of a hotel on the sound side of the beach. At first I was disappointed at not having found a beach front property, but as soon as I walked in my room, I immediately changed my mind. The room was just GORGEOUS. BUNK beds ( !!!!!! ) a huge king-er bed, a kitchen, a dining and living area with LARGE couch and two GI-NORMOUS captain-type chairs, ( all three items of leather, ) nice roomy bathroom, and a porch on the back with comfy deck chairs and the most AMAZING VIEW of the harbor. I was in HEAVEN. The view of the harbor was so beautiful and it was so quiet and peaceful, and just mezmerising. Also I wanted to mention that the rooms are spotless. The hotel is right on the bridge and you can walk right into town and get to the beach or a restaurant or pub or whatever..It is walking distance to the post office, and a huge civic center where you can get into a touch football game, or frisbee, or an aerobics workout, or a yoga class or....A couple miles away is a very nice shopping center with a big grocery store, drug store, a tons of little shops and restaurants. About four miles away you will find a huge shopping center with all the favorites and a few local treasures. The Saturday I was there, the church on the next block had an outdoor film viewing! The Harbor Inn has all of the advantages of a beach front plus more, and none of the ususal noise associated with beachfront properties. Special thanks to the desk staff. ( I believe they are nichole, and melissa. ) They were stellar gals and very helpful. You HAVE to check out this place! It is BRILLIANT! And the off season rates are VERY reasonable. Best regards!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank candlejack
Burgaw, North Carolina
Reviewed August 31, 2010

i got a room for one night to throw my sister a birthday party. It was great i walked in and it was so clean couldn't find any dust anywhere! the lady at the front was so nice and helpful. the pool is small but what do you expect with a hotel that only has 20 rooms. the view at night was amazing. honestly I've been back there 4 times to stay. the more u go the more like family they make you feel. I would recommend this hotel to everybody going to Wrightsville Beach.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Blockade Runner Beach Resort
Blockade Runner Beach Resort
#1 of 9 in Wrightsville Beach

Been to Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!