“I LOVE Surf & SUP Camp!”
Review of WB Surf Camp

WB Surf Camp
Ranked #1 of 21 Tours in Wrightsville Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: WB Surf Camp facilitates safe and exciting learn-to-surf adventures for kids, teens, and adults. Choose from day and overnight camps, lessons, family programs, and women's only yoga surf retreats. No experience is required as they cater to beginners. Come learn the incredible sport of surfing from their team of professional instructors and have an experience you will never forget!
Reviewed September 18, 2013

For a short get-away for adults, a three-day Surf & SUP Camp is the perfect choice if you like being active, developing or honing your skills, and enjoying outdoors on the ocean and intracoastal waterway in NC. WB Surf Camp organizes each day efficiently to maximize on-board and water experience while still having time for relaxing lunches, exposure to more than one beach, and a little in-classroom learning. When the waves take a break, Surf Camp instructors are interesting and fun while always on the look-out for the next wave. One of my objectives was to learn more about reading waves to get better at positioning myself to catch waves on my own after Camp was over.. The level of attention to meeting my needs during in-water and in-classroom time couldn't have been better with a ratio of 2:4, instructors:students. Every one of us improved and had a LOT of fun doing so!

There are newer reviews for WB Surf Camp

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I surprised my 9 year old son (with Aspergers) and 42 year old husband with a 3 hour lesson. Their instructor was Kevin and he was a perfect match. He was knowledgeable, patient and encouraging. Best of all they both surfed for the first time!!! Such an awesome experience!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My daughter and I had a great experience with WB Surf Camp. We had a 2-hour private lesson with Kevin and he was wonderful. He was a great instructor and educator! He took the time to explain everything and made it interesting. I was also impressed at how he was able to teach two different levels...beginner (me) and more experienced (my daughter.) We highly recommend WB Surf Camp and Kevin!!!!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

My wife got me 3 hours of private surfing lessons with a friend for my 41st birthday... our instructor Kevin had us up surfing in about 3 tries. He did a great job providing instructions on the beach and in the water. Positive feedback and just a great experience. Totally recommend WB Surf Camp and looking forward to my next chance to go surf.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I'm an adult and had a 2-hour "group" lesson with Grace. They were unable to fill the group, so it turned into a private lesson--bonus for me! Grace was very patient and first explained what to expect and how to react to various situations. She talked to me about the different waves, winds, marine life, rip currents, board terminology, and safety. She helped me carry the longboard out and gave me a little push when the right wave came along. I "popped up" and surfed in on a wave immediately after getting into the water. She was very enthusiastic and helpful. I had gone to Surf Camp with my son at the end of the season last year and remembered Grace from then. It had been a whole year since I had surfed, so having the lesson was a great refresher.The Surf Camp was wonderful, too. My son and I had a great time and I actually stood up and surfed on day 1 of 5. I highly recommend the Surf Camp and/or the lessons. You will quickly find out what fun surfing can be. Thank you so much, Grace! I wish you luck in your future endeavors.