Open today: 7:45 AM - 6:00 AM
Fun Private Lesson for the Grandkids

Reviewed September 17, 2018
Rani C
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
The Best Surf Camp Hands Down!

Reviewed September 7, 2018
Scott S

All reviews private group private lesson learn how great lesson hour lesson private hour comfort level overnight camp ocean odyssey great surf surf city great group amazing experience any age year olds amazing week staff was friendly
Reviewed September 17, 2018

My 3 grandkiddos (ages 21, 16, 12) thoroughly enjoyed their 2 hour private lesson. It gave them confidence to ride the waves for the rest of the week. They loved it all.

Reviewed September 7, 2018

We have two children and have used WB Surf Camp for the last nine years, Yes 9 years and we cannot say enough about this camp! If you want your child too learn to surf the right way and enjoy every aspect about surfing and our environment this will be the best decision you will ever make! I have seen the kids that have gone to this camp return again and then become counselors later in College! If you get a chance to be in one of Jeff's camps you child will always want be in any of the fortunate secessions he teaches! The only thing I wish they had was longer camps for the advanced camp in Costa Rica.
Renee S

Reviewed September 1, 2018

If you want to learn to surf from an organized, accommodating outfit and if you want your instructor to be adept, patient, effective and personable, then look no further than WB Surf. My instructor Chase brought me from zero to "Look Ma... I'm riding my own waves!" in just 3 lessons. Best trip I ever took! Dood... I'm a surfer now! Thanks Chase and thanks WB Surf.

Reviewed August 24, 2018

We booked last-minute for our 10-year-old boy, and all the camps were full for the week of our visit. We took a chance and booked him a private 2-hour beginner lesson at our condo in Topsail Beach. The booking process was courteous and prompt, and we could not have been more pleased with our instructor, Glenn. He had our son - not a daredevil - up and riding after a little more than an hour, and the smile on the kid's face lasted for the rest of the day. We wound up booking him a second lesson a couple days later, and Glenn selected a spot a short drive away where the waves were more consistent. Again, the lesson went really well, and the increase in our kid's confidence by the end of the week was very evident. I highly recommend WB Surf Camp!

Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

Tyler did a great job of balancing instructing but also allowing us to have fun. Can’t wait to continue to try on my own!

Reviewed August 6, 2018

This was the second year that our daughter has participated in the WB Surf Camp and we continue to be impressed with the program and staff. There are now a number of "surf camps" along Wrightsville and we will never consider another one other than the run through Surf Berry. The student to instructor ration for both the "adult/old kid" and "under-10" camp is more than 1-1 (more instructors than students). Even in rough weather/seas, we always feel like they put the students' safety first. They do a fantastic job in just short period of time getting impressive results from the students, whether this is their first time on a board or not. We will always HIGHLY recommend that this be the first stop for anyone looking for their own surf lesson or for their children. Oh, and Chase is the best. No question.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

Set-up of appointment, location, instructor = all top notch. These folks have a great location on Wrightsville and easy enough to get too with one of the larger lots not on the pier. Can't stress enough how important that is. 2 hour session is ample and the cost was in-line with surf camp on in LA. Want to learn how to do the basics or refresh this is for you.

Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

I had an awesome time catching waves with Tyler. As a first time surfer, he was very patient and thorough with instructions. I went from zero experience to getting up on a few waves before the end of the lesson. I would highly recommend WB Surf Camp for any beginner at any age level. Overall, great morning! ‍♀️

Reviewed July 25, 2018

This is the second year in a row my daughter has attended! She loves it and her friends are even going back again this summer! She would if she could, but she was already committed. She and a few of the girls she met last year were even talking about doing one of the other camps this winter together!

Reviewed July 23, 2018

My 14-year-old son went to the teen overnight surf camp in Wrightsville Beach last summer for two weeks, and begged to go again this summer for two weeks. He loved it both times - and his surfing really improved. So cool that he has a new hobby - and that he wanted to spend two weeks with no electronics ;)