“Visit with family” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Waterway Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wrightsville Beach
Waterway Lodge
You added Waterway Lodge to your Saves list
Havelock NC
“Visit with family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here June 28th and 29th. We stayed in a one bedroom condo and it was very nice. It is located right across the street from Bridge Tender restaurant where we had a nice dinner. Also down the street is Dockside, good lunch and Airlie Gardens is at the end of the road. Short drive over to Johnie Mercier's pier. Overall a nice place to stay with decent rates.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank donlar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Farley, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We are from Iowa. We wanted to see the beach before going on to our son's home in S.C. We decided to go to Wrightsville Beach. What a great choice we made. We took the first hotel we saw which was the Waterway Lodge. Again a very great choice. Their staff helped us so much with directions and places to eat. Right across the street are a lot of fine. restaurants. We were afraid our large collie would have to stay in the van or we would have to board him. What a very pleasant surprize! King got to go in with us and stay right in the room!!! Oh how great. We didnt want to leave him any place else.
Waterway Lodge is an older hotel but is very vlean and frest inside and outside. Our room 227 was very large. It has a regular size kitchen a walk-in shower, and a King size bed. We will definite come this way again and you can be sure we will tell all our friends and any one we see all about this wonderful place to stay. Bring your "lil" buddy right along, they are welcomed to stay.
Doris McC

Room Tip: Room 227 is perfect large and sunny and less noise.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Doris K
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Stayed at Water way lodge last month, a really relaxing experience. My first trip to Wrightsville Beach, NC. I was looking for lodging that was dog friendly (for me and my trusty Chihuahua, Caesar). The room was clean and fresh, had a great shower. Easy access to I-40 to and from Raleigh. Staff was great, helpful and very friendly. I've never seen a drawbridge living in southern California so when I heard the siren for the bridge to go up I stood on the balcony and watched. Great show, every time. Room had modern kitchenette, flat screen TV. Across the street the waterside Bluefish Restaurant for a good dinner. Great walking path across the causeway called The Loop for early morning walks with Ceasar. I would recommend this small, delightful hotel to anyone heading for Wrightsville Beach.

Room Tip: Stayed in 222, no complaints at all.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank David P
Carpinteria, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Just stayed at Waterway Lodge this week. Never been to Wrightsville Beach before and I am so glad we didn't pay attention to the negative reviews. Bright, fresh-smelling, clean rooms. Remodeled kitchenette with small fridge,excellent A/C, lighting and seaside decor. I don't have a pet but I wanted a central, economical location so I was pleasantly surprised with the clean, landscaped exterior: fresh white and blue paint, clean pool and hourly "drawbridge show" from the balcony.Elevator if you can't manage stairs.This is a great old-style "motor lodge" with friendly local people available if you need directions or towels. No onsite restaurants, but just cross the street or drawbridge and you can have your pick.Recommend "CauseWay Cafe" for breakfast!,Wings for beach stuff,Harris Teeter for groceries/wine and sandwiches.Gr8 vacation.

Room Tip: Rooms 222 and 227 well appointed and clean.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Elisa M
Stonington, ME
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

We were on our way to Charleston and stopped here at night when we were tired. Got a beautiful room on the ground floor which was away from the rest of the rooms. Had our own little parking space and patio with chairs.

The room was nicely decorated with a beach theme and had a mini kitchenette.

Walked a little way down the road to a wonderful restaurant, and the next morning we walked down the street again to look at the beautiful homes we had seen in the dark the night before.

I hope to stay there again some time!

Room Tip: I wish I remembered our room number, because I would like to stay in that room again sometime.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Katherine L
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

Stayed here not long ago and had a nice time. It was great being so close to the beach and right across the street from the Bridge Tender, Fish House and Dockside Restaurant. No driving needed! The price was great too and we will be back for sure!

Room Tip: Stayed in Unit 110
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mak2010
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

My family and I stayed here for one week last summer, the place is terrific! The new management is great and were very attentive to anything we needed. We stayed in room 222 and it was very comfortable. I noticed a lot of renovations being done on other rooms so I cant wait to see what the rooms look like when we stay here next summer! Its in a great location easily accessible to restaurants, grocery stores, and the IntraCoastal HiWay. It was fun watching the drawbridge and the boats that went under. The best part is they are pet friendly and that is hard to find these days. Its fun to have the dogs with you on vacation instead of the kennel! We will definitely stay here whenever we vacation in Wrightsville Beach. Cant wait to go back.....good job guys!!

Room Tip: Room 222 was very clean and modern. Plenty of room for my family and pets. I noticed other rooms be...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
SpringHill Suites Wilmington Mayfaire
Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire
Residence Inn Wilmington Landfall
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach

Been to Waterway Lodge? Share your experiences!