“Love it!”
Review of One South Lumina

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wrightsville Beach
One South Lumina
Reviewed May 17, 2008

What is not to love. The spacious rooms, the location, the manager (Hunter) and Jason. Not only are the condos clean and convenient but the 2 main people you deal with (Jason and Hunter) are friendly, accomodating and just plain make you feel at home. We go every year and will continue to do so.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
There are newer reviews for One South Lumina

Reviewed January 31, 2008

Well it seems One South Lumina has taken a turn for the better! I was extremely satisfied and enjoyed my stay at "One South Lumina" in August of 2007. I came down with my wife and 3 yr old son, and I am telling you, what a big improvement over the year before! Last summer when I stayed the room was very dirty and a bit run down, and the staff was very rude and no help at all. The young lady at the desk seemed to be more interested in her TV show than anything else. So we came back to give it one more try and glad we did. The room was absolutely spottless! Very clean and a bit updated. And we were greeted by a whole new staff who were very nice and extremely helpful. The young man at the desk even found an extra parking space for us because our room only had 1 car parking and we had 2 vehicles. Needless to say we enjoyed our stay very much. I would highly recommend this motel. The only advise I would give is request a nicely decorated room because there are variations due to the fact there are different owners. I have found the ones owned by the jewler to be the best. Avoid rooms at front of building due to the horrible dumpy establishment acroos the street! A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 8, 2007

We made the reservations 5 months in advance for 3 rooms. The building is as discribed by others: older, small condo type rooms, balcony overlooking the street and older homes across the street.
There were 3 adults (a couple plus single friend) in two of the rooms and 4 adults in the third (two couples). We called a week
in advance to reconfirm and inquire of any helpful advice and were told all is fine. We were not told that two of the rooms had
only single parking (parking is a hugh expense or just not available at the beach). That left two cars with no place to park.
No help was forthcoming from the staff either.
The place is in an ok spot and would be fine for a couple with 1, 2 or even 3 kids but don't expect much from the property or the staff.

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank CaptainOfTheSea
Reviewed July 1, 2007

The hotel/condo was nice. Keep in mind this is an older hotel and when they say "ocean front," its really an ocean view but, all the rooms have patio's, kitchens, washer/dryers, and sleeper sofa's. Overall I was pleased however, the staff was terrible. I went to check in at 2:50pm and was rudly told that I couldn't becuase "the room won't be ready til' 3pm." 10 freakin' minutes! what really is going to happen in the next ten minutes? Nothing. So I return at 3:02pm and guess what...still not ready. The staff handled the situation poorly and I think the guy was on about 12 pain killers.

Stayed: June 2007
3  Thank avocatto
Reviewed September 28, 2006

Our "oceanfront" room, for which we had paid extra, actually was over a busy street, with a 'view' of the ocean. We ended up changing to a different hotel, and the management did refund our money for the unused nights. The room was OK, but I'd encourage visitors to look elsewhere for a better value.

Stayed: September 2006
1  Thank Roxy_NC
Reviewed August 2, 2006

My family of four spent seven days here. The building is older, but had everything we could need. Our kids loved the bunk beds in the nook, and I appreciated the equiped kitchen and laundry room. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I called a week before our arrival to confirm our reservation and ask what I needed to bring. I was helpfully told that the top three things people ask for which are not provided were paper towels, dish detergent for hand washing dishes, and laundry detergent. Midweek, we returned to our room to find the air conditioner not working. The front desk immediately called a repair service who was there in 15 mintues. After working on the AC for over two hours, it was deemed unrepairable. No other rooms were available for us to move into that night, but the office staff offered to go buy us some fans to get through the night and planned to move us the next morning as soon as something became available. We declined the fans and survived the night . We moved into an even nicer place the next day and was given a refund for the night before. The outdoor pool is small, but was well maintained. The location is fantastic, right over the bridge from Wilmington and right on the oceanfront. The staff should be commended for their helpful actions and positive attitudes.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
4  Thank mkd44425
Reviewed July 4, 2006

I'm sorry to see all the negative reviews about this hotel, because my family's experience was totally positive! I would definitely recommend One South Lumina to anyone.

First off, some clarification. One South bills itself as a "hotel," but the rooms are actually
condos. Therefore, your satisfaction would be influenced by how the owners have decorated their spaces, and what amenities they've provided. For example, one person mentioned that there were videos for children in his condo; ours didn't have any.

I made reservations in April for the last week of June. Interestingly, One South Lumina was the ONLY condo group I could find which would take five people (two adults and three kids under 10 yrs old). The others all told me that they couldn't have more than four to a condo. Although I wouldn't be staying at One South, I would be paying the bill, since this was for my daughter and her family. A pleasant young lady (Jennifer) took my reservation.

A couple of weeks later, I had to move the dates up by one day. Again, Jennifer was very pleasant. I sensed that One South actually wanted my business.

Our family was going to arrive very late. Jennifer gave me the code to get into the building, told me where to park, and also gave my mother (who lives in Wilmington) permission to come in earlier that day and leave some milk and bread.

My family LOVED this condo. It was very pretty inside with bunk beds for the kids, a separate room for my daughter and son-in-law, all kitchen necessities, and a laundry room. Plus, it had a lovely balcony. True, you had to look to the right to see the ocean, but you were less than a block away.

The pool, while tiny, was beautiful and clean, complete with lounge chairs and a shower for rinising off beach sand. It had a lovely view of the ocean.

We had a two-car parking space (one behind the other) which was very convenient. Also, One South's location can't be beat - it's in the heart of Wrightsville Beach.

The front-desk folks were friendly and helpful. No quibbles on the bill.

Really, this is a great place - highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2006
Golden Sands
Golden Sands
#2 of 19 in Carolina Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville ...
#2 of 9 in Wrightsville Beach

Been to One South Lumina? Share your experiences!