“Hearty Hometown Breakfast”

Dining options: Breakfast
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Hearty Hometown Breakfast”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Causeway Cafe reminds me of the breakfast places my grandfather used to take me to years ago and it is perfect! This is best place to get breakfast in the area and the most affordable, it's like the prices haven't changed since when my Grandfather would have gone here back in the day. If you go in at 6:00 a.m. even, you will be dining with old weathered fisherman. The cafe remains busy til the afternoon filled with both local and beach tourists. The staff is quick and no nonsense, which adds to the charm. Like others have said, there is most always a wait. But, it is worth it, and tables turn around quickly!

While visiting Wrightsville Beach, I frequent this place often. My favorite menu item? The malted waffles! They're huge and come with a variety of toppings. My ultimate comfort food is pancakes or waffles with chocolate chips. Well, at Causeway Cafe I can soothe my soul with not only Chocolate Chip Waffles, but M&M and Oreo Waffles, OMG I'm drooling. These waffles are the fluffiest tastiest goodness ever. They also serve up huge omelets, great potatoes, amazing Texas Toast style French Toast, and sandwiches.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank KatieWM

Chicago, Illinois
“Local Beach Gem”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This place is a great local restaurant located near the beach. The food is not the most elegantly prepared- think hole in the wall. But, the menu is huge and there is plenty for everyone- including vegetarians.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank KLJTraveler84
Franklin, Tennessee
“Breakfast fit for a King”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Causeway Cafe has one of the best and unique breakfast menus on the coast. The variety is fantastic, including a Blue Crab omelet that my son-in-law swears by. My meal included a link sausage the size of a bratwurst! The blueberry pancakes were the size of a medium frisbee - my daughter and grandson shared them and there was plenty for both. The eggs, hashbrowns and grits were perfectly prepared. Service is good and the place has a very "down home" feel. Parking is a little tight so you may have to park on the street. Bring cash - no cards or checks accepted.

• Visited July 2013
“Great breakfast spot”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Great pancakes, French toast and hashbrowns. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive and the food quality was excellent. We will go back every time we go to Wrightsville beach.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank MillerTime5
“We locals bring our guests here”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

If you're visiting Wrightsville Beach you should make time for breakfast or lunch at this classic institution of family-friendly down home service. In season plan to wait on theirporch, or run next door for some quick shopping at Redix. We live here and always bring our guests. It's crowded and noisy but all in a good way!

• Visited June 2013