“Small, hard to get in, but worth it!”

Mike & Katy's Causeway Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
“Small, hard to get in, but worth it!”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Wrightsville Beach, next to Redix. Parking is easier if you park out on the street. Love the breakfast and lunch there, very casual. Not open evenings

Visited October 2011

South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Crab Cakes; bring cash”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We tried shrimp, scallops and crabcakes. All were delicious. The food is reasonably priced and better than some of the very expensive downtown restaurants. The crab cakes are huge and delicious. They do not accept credit/debit cards.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank LauraLy
Wilmington, North Carolina
“It's just a location”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I went this morning with my teenage son for breakfast and we got to sit anywhere we liked. The menu looked really good, but the food wasn't. I had the seafood omelet which was bland. The hollandaise sauce I ordered, but on the side. It had too much mozzarella cheese on the inside even though it is described as being topped with mozzarella cheese. The eggs were rubbery and I am not convinced they were real eggs. The tabasco sauce was the only thing that made it tolerable. The toast came unbuttered , but with some fake margarine in a hotel-like package. The coffee was unremarkable and was presented in a small chipped mug. I satisfied my curiosity and that was about it. I wont be going back.

• Visited November 2011
Asheville, North Carolina
“great breakfast”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

great fun local crowded breakfast - next to redix and lots of crab in the menu

Visited November 2011
Indian Head, Maryland
“Great little diner, wish we found it sooner.”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Had the best breakfast. I had the waffles with banana and nuts and husband had grits, sausage gravy and biscuits. Homemade, not from a can. zThe grits came already buttered perfectly and tasted great. Great service and very friendly and attentive. We went off season and didnt have a parking issue but I image parking would be tough at high season. Space is kinda small so I do see what other posters are saying but it wasnt that busy in late October during the week for breakfast. Bathroom trip was a safety issue with flooring on steps to bathroom a little crazy.

• Visited October 2011