“Surprised”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We went because kids ate free on Monday night. Did not look like much on inside but we decided to try any way and we were glad we did. The staff was friendly and attentive and food arrived quickly. My wife and I got fried seafood and it was very good, I have eaten lots of seafood and a number of different places and few had better than what we ate that night. My oldest daughter got mac and cheese, it was homemade and she said it was best she had ever had and we tried it and it was best we had ever had at a restaurant. Will definitely visit again when in Wrightsville.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

After the long wait on a table, I was not impressed with the food. There are a number of tv's. This place has more of a feel of a low grade sports bar.

1  Thank 1DallasCowboyfan
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is a great restaurant with excellent, friendly service however, I wouldn't recommend getting the bacon wrapped scallops . . . saltiest thing EVER!! There is just TOO much bacon! Other than that, excellent food!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stopped in (with a coupon) for a 4:00 meal before Flotilla in November 2012. Obviously because of the time (of day and year), we were not surrounded by many other diners. The menu was full of variety and we each enjoyed our food (the panini was amazing!). The service was good. We went to the other 1/2 of the building to the bar (restaurant on one side, bar on the other) after eating so we could have a few and burn time before the Flotilla. The bar staff was great and the kid enjoyed being welcome in there to play the ring toss/hook game (yes, we had a kid... in a bar... but it wasn't even dark outside yet!) I was glad to have tried this place after all these years. I can see the appeal. Good food, GREAT location, easy choice. I can't comment on the nightlife or busy times here, but 4:00 in the offseason was pretty great!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

With all the advertising this place has been doing, we found ourselves at Wrightsville Beach at lunchtime and decided to give King Neptune a try. We first entered and went to the really neat looking bar side and was told it was closed during the day, but the other side was open for lunch. Our first impression was that this place needed a thorough cleaning, and also a much needed facelift. That said, we were hungry and didn't feel like driving back over the bridge, so we ordered one lunch special, tuna tacos, and a burger. The tuna tacos were skimpy--a few meager slices of tuna, some diced onions and tomato--that's it. No sour cream, guacamole, lemon, nothing. The burger was just a burger--no special spices, flavors, or sauces. The worst were the fries that came with it. The first batch came out cool to the touch. I got a second batch that were lukewarm....I didn't dare try for three. The only part that was worth any credit was the $2.00 domestic bottles, but I could have done that at home.... I doubt that I would even attempt a 2nd chance for this place and I wish them good luck.

1  Thank corey g