“Excellent food taste, reasonable prices” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of King Neptune

King Neptune
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
High Point, North Carolina
“Excellent food taste, reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

We went to King Neptune for Sunday lunch last Sunday. The atmosphere was pretty typical for a beach seafood place and this particular restaurant has been on Wrightsville Beach for a long time, or so I'm told.

I had the fried chicken and waffles. It was off the hook awesome. I loved it. This was the first time I have ever had this combination and it put a big smile on my face and on the lunch menu it was $6.99, a super deal.

A gentleman in our party got the clam chowder and commented that it was the best that he ever had. My wife had a crab patty sandwich. She said that the crab patty was exceptional but that the sandwich as a whole was a bit "bready".

There were eight people in our party and everyone thought their dishes were very good.

I observed that this place looks like it's a restaurant on one side and a bar on the other. While we were there the bar side was closed. I walked through it because it looked interesting, like an old school beach theme.

When I get back to Wrightsville Beach I will go back to King Neptune for the chicken and waffle. There's no question about that. It was one of the best dishes I have ever had anywhere.

Visited September 2012

Wilmington, North Carolina
“great food great prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Lived here for over 20 & this was first visit....The food was great had pulled pork nachos appt. then fish tacos for dinner 2 large pieces of fish with a mango sauce also coconut crusted tilapia .will def be back,...why did I wait so long??? LOL

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Apex, North Carolina
“Will go for breakfast again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

We were looking for breakfast by the beach, the kids were getting antsy so we just stopped in not sure of what to expect. The food was decent, and the price was great. We have small ones and having to order them a kids meal never works out to have what they like in each meal. Great priced a la carte menu worked out perfect. The staff was friendly and nice, we would go back for another meal. After we ate we took a nice walk to the beach. Free parking which is great to find down there.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Biggest surprise of our trip!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

New owners... not just a bar any more!! The food was wow good! our table ordered a blt w/fries (great fries), shrimp and grits(best ever), mussels omg good, seafood tacos and a talapia plate w/mango rice. Best value for our $ on this beach trip. We will always make our way there when at Wrightsville beach!!

Visited August 2012
Washington dc
“Decent breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Had breakfast there based on local recommendation for a place that was close by and reasonably priced. It fit the bill. Service was pretty slow even though there were few customers. Eggs and bacon and pancakes were good, hash browns were way too salty. Overall it's a decent place for breakfast but Causeway Cafe was much better.

• Visited August 2012