“Ok but not ad advertised!”
Review of Silver Gull Motel

Silver Gull Motel
Johnson City, TN
“Ok but not ad advertised!”
Reviewed December 29, 2004

This hotel advertised kitchenettes, but when we arrived nothing in the kitchenette worked! We had to buy our own cooler to keep our groceries cold. The sink in the bathroom kept clogging, and we couldn't brush our teeth without overflowing the sink. The room was reasonably clean, the view was great, and the location was the best on Wrightsville Beach. Overrall I would say I was disappointed, but the location and view made up for it all!

• Stayed July 2004
12 Thank oleander124

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed September 15, 2004

We spent 4 nights at the Silver Gull during the 2nd week in September 04. It has a great location to the beach and a few bars and restaurants close by. The hotel was showing its age. But the main complaint I had was the place was not very clean. The carpets were stained and dirty in the hall ways as well as our room. One day while we were there our room was not cleaned. When I questioned the front desk they said the maid had to go to court and there was little they could do about it. The beach etc superb the hotel disappointing for $129 a night.

10 Thank rshaw125
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 30, 2003

A great clean alternative to Myrtle Beach, SC. After welcoming my son home from Afghanistan at Ft. Bragg, NC. my 2 teenage daughters and my son and I drove to Myrtle Beach on a Saturday in July, a bad trip, the lodging there on the beach front was old and very over priced.
Definatly a college age location. My 2 daughters wanted to go to the beach, we chose Wrightsville beach, a short drive. We arrived there on a sunday about 4PM. The 1st place we saw was the Silver Gull motel right on the beach. Just what we wanted and they had a vacancy sign.
The friendly desk clerk told us the water heater had took a lightning strike the evening before and he couldnt guarentee a hot shower. He offered us a room for $100 for one night. He told us if we wanted a cheaper room we wouldnt find one on the beach. It was a great room, had a microwave, fridge, stove, big sleeping area and a private balcony and it was steps from the beach. It was very clean and the front desk people were very accomadating. They had donuts and coffee in the morning. They had a secure parking area at the site. The beach there was white sand and the water clear, not like Myrtle Beach. We had a great time there and if I ever go back there it would be my 1st choice to stay. I have to say we all had a hot shower that day after being on the beach and again in the morning. A very recommended place to stay.

15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 28, 2002

In the off season my boyfriend and I took a weekend off of school to visit the beach and looked for the cheapest place with vacancy. The Silver Gull was convienient from the highway, perfectly situated on the beach, and had a nice price tag, so we decided to stay. When we got to our room, we were pleasantly surprised at how spacious and clean the place was. The view is great too-- probably even better the closer you get to the beach side. Recently, we returned for some pre-class R&R. The prices went up a bit because of the season (summer), but the stay was just as memorable and worthwhile. We fell asleep to waves crashing, thunder, light rain, and somebody's windchimes across the street! Amazing!

22 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
SpringHill Suites Wilmington Mayfaire
Hampton Inn & Suites Carolina Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach
Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach

Been to Silver Gull Motel? Share your experiences!