“secluded end-of-the-beach condo, but close to...”
Shell Island Resort Shell Island Indoor Pool
Shell Island 605 - Bedroom
Shell Island 605 - Bedroom
Shell Island 605 - Bath
Wrightsville Beach Area Photos
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Poor - based on 2 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Jeffrey S
“Water in room smelled like rotten eggs.”
Reviewed September 6, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

The location is great and the beach is awesome. But, the water in the room, both sink and shower, smelled like rotten eggs. It was atrocious. I cannot believe that cannot be fixed. The smell was so pungent that my eleven year old vomited. We had to open the sliding glass door and run the ventilation to air out the room.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
sslovell
Morristown, Tennessee
“secluded end-of-the-beach condo, but close to everything”
Reviewed July 23, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

Shell Island Resort is at the end of the road which allowed for a less crowded beach. We walked about 50yds further down the beach, had the dunes directly behind us and the ocean directly in front of us. It was our own little paradise. Most of the negative reviews that I read about this resort were about how bad the water smelled, how it was old, and not worth the price. I will agree that the water did smell like rotten eggs, but with a marsh right outside, it's not surprising to have a sulfur smell. I did use bottled water to make my kids EasyMac and to brush my teeth, but other than that, it was doable. Our room had newer looking furniture & wall decor, but it did have a dingy old feel, especially in the bathroom, and could definitely use some fixing up. However, the beds were comfortable, the view was fantastic (all these condos have balconies that face the ocean), the staff was friendly & accommodating, and it was half the price of Holiday Inn. The parking garage has a 6'6 maximum height, but there is a small overflow lot for larger vehicles (which unfortunately wasn't monitored because several times the lot was full of regular size cars and I couldn't find anywhere for my large SUV with luggage rack to park). This turned out to be an excellent choice for my family and we would definitely stay again. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because it did need to be updated for a cleaner fresher feel and the overflow parking wasn't monitored to just be oversized vehicles. It was otherwise a great family vacation place, especially for the price, and one I'd recommend to others. If you just want surf & sand, this is the place to be!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing