“Like your own little condo unit at the beach”

Sandpeddler Inn & Suites
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed at the Sandpeddler Motel & Suites this past weekend. Location is excellent - directly across the street from the beach and the Oceanic Restaurant/Pier on the South end of Wrightsville. I had stayed here a couple of years ago and it looked like the motel/suites were in the process of being upgraded. Fresh paint on the exterior, nice pool area, clean check-in area, our unit (201) was extra clean and furnished tastefully. I like this place because for the price of a regular hotel room you also get a large sitting area, balcony and a studio kitchen complete with refrigerator, stove, sink and table to have meals. It's like your own little condo at the beach for the price of a room at the Hampton Inn. There is also a nice pool with lounge chairs, an outdoor shower and bike racks to lock your bikes to. We love the Sandpeddler and can't wait to come back again.

Room Tip: Corner units offer windows on two sides and the units closest to the pool have the best ocean views...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SCTravelForFun

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Our family stayed at the Sandpeddler during my spring break from teaching middle school. We got an adjoining room with another family on the second floor. Our rate was $99 a night per room, with a full kitchen, separate bedroom and bathroom, plus fold out living room couch.
The location is perfect for walking a few feet to a beach access, enjoying the view from your balcony, or getting to walking distance restaurants.
The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. In fact, when we left several favorite toys behind in our departure they mailed them to us the next day.
The rooms are clean and spacious. This place is an incredible value and perfect for families, as well as friends wanting to enjoy a beach trip without going broke.

Room Tip: The second floor rooms views were not bad, but we heard third floor is even better. If you have a l...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank EC698
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed here week of March 25, 2013. The new manager Taphne was very helpful as was the evening desk crew, and the cleaning crew. This is the second stay for us and I would recommend the hotel highly. The atmosphere is homey and if you want a nice quiet time at the beach, this is a great place to stay. We had sunrise and sunset views of the ocean and the sound. This year they've added a continental breakfast with fresh fruit, Danish, good coffee (better than last year's), fresh milk and cereal. For the price the Sandpeddler is quite a good deal. The internet now works reliably. There's one assigned parking space for each room which is an essential at the beach. We can also recommend the great nearby restaurant, the Oceanic. Overall, we loved our stay at Wrighstville Beach. If you are looking for terrycloth robes and a mint on your pillow this is not the place, but if you want nice clean and friendly then you'll do fine in selecting the Sandpeddler. Thanks!!!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms have an ocean view, although overlooking the restaurant's parking lot. Choose a hi...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CharlesG620
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stay here sometimes when I am visiting my daughter at UNCW. The Sandpeddler is only 15 mins from campus. It is on the quiet end of the island across from the Oceanic restaurant. The units are bright, clean and nicely decorated. Corner units are larger sf, better views, larger balconies and extra windows. Off season prices make it a great place for visiting during the school year. I had a gathering of UNCW parents here and it was fun.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank sue r
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I chose this hotel because of the low prices for being on the beach. When I arrived, the woman at the desk was preoccupied on her phone. When she finally acknowledged me, she was polite but was not very helpful with my questions or concerns. Her cell phone rang constantly and she spent more time looking at who was calling her than she was with me. She never even tried to mute the ringer or silence it in any way. Very annoying. I found out later this was the manager. Very unprofessional. The parking lot looked very empty, and for being what the area considers not seasonal, I expected more attention than what I received. I am not a picky person, but I expect some consideration. I will not stay here again considering the service I received. If they are that inconsiderate of paying guests in the "off season", I do not want to see what it is like in the "busier season". The neighbors in the houses around the hotel were loud and played music until early in the morning. I know this is not the hotels fault, but should be a concern.

This is a great hotel if you are not picky on quality of service, or the room. It is better than you local Motel 8, but lacks considerably compared to other hotels in the area. I loved the area and plan on coming back for a vacation, but I will absolutely be staying in a different hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
9  Thank Sierra R
Taphne T, Manager at Sandpeddler Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

I believe this to be a fraudulent review from a previous staff member...I would never ignore a guest and have no record of a guest from Raleigh that would have had this experience...

Reviewed September 25, 2012

found this property in the dark and it turned out quite nice and reasonably priced for off season.
The suite was well furnished, clean, and stocked with all the essentials. It contained a mini kitchen if one wanted to cook some of their meals. The balcony had a small view of both the ocean and the river (I think it was a river). There was a restaurant on the ocean and it was about 100 yds away. There were not many people in the area, the weather was pleasant, and it was very relaxing. Prior to booking this room we had journeyed to a well known chain hotel on the beach and the room was 2x as much as the Sandpeddler. would definitely stay there again. .

Room Tip: We stayed in unit 107 and it was fine - understand each unit is individually owned and so one may no...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed at the Sandpeddler Aug. 25-29. My husband and I took this vacation with my parents. It was perfect for us. We gave my parents the bedroom and we slept on the pull out couch. It was a very thin mattress but we were fine sleeping on it for four nights. The location of the Sandpeddler is great. It is right in front of the Oceanic. To get to the beach you just have a very short walk across the street. Our view was wonderful. I loved watching all the surfers catch the waves. We stayed in unit 305. It had a larger balcony since it was a corner room. It also had more windows. The unit itself was very outdated but the front desk worker had no problem assisting us when needed. Our first morning we were unable to get the stove to light but he came right up and fixed the problem. He was also very nice, allowing us to keep our chairs in the storage room. Also on the night we planned to go to the Oceanic it was raining. He offered his very own umbrella for us to use on our walk over there! Overall, I would go back here. The price was great for what we got. If you are looking for an affordable place to stay with ocean views, a pool, and a kitchenette, you can't go wrong here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
#2 of 19 in Carolina Beach
Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire
Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville ...
#2 of 9 in Wrightsville Beach

Been to Sandpeddler Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!