“Terrible service”

Sandpeddler Inn & Suites
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I chose this hotel because of the low prices for being on the beach. When I arrived, the woman at the desk was preoccupied on her phone. When she finally acknowledged me, she was polite but was not very helpful with my questions or concerns. Her cell phone rang constantly and she spent more time looking at who was calling her than she was with me. She never even tried to mute the ringer or silence it in any way. Very annoying. I found out later this was the manager. Very unprofessional. The parking lot looked very empty, and for being what the area considers not seasonal, I expected more attention than what I received. I am not a picky person, but I expect some consideration. I will not stay here again considering the service I received. If they are that inconsiderate of paying guests in the "off season", I do not want to see what it is like in the "busier season". The neighbors in the houses around the hotel were loud and played music until early in the morning. I know this is not the hotels fault, but should be a concern.

This is a great hotel if you are not picky on quality of service, or the room. It is better than you local Motel 8, but lacks considerably compared to other hotels in the area. I loved the area and plan on coming back for a vacation, but I will absolutely be staying in a different hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
9  Thank Sierra R
Taphne T, Manager at Sandpeddler Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

I believe this to be a fraudulent review from a previous staff member...I would never ignore a guest and have no record of a guest from Raleigh that would have had this experience...

Reviewed September 25, 2012

found this property in the dark and it turned out quite nice and reasonably priced for off season.
The suite was well furnished, clean, and stocked with all the essentials. It contained a mini kitchen if one wanted to cook some of their meals. The balcony had a small view of both the ocean and the river (I think it was a river). There was a restaurant on the ocean and it was about 100 yds away. There were not many people in the area, the weather was pleasant, and it was very relaxing. Prior to booking this room we had journeyed to a well known chain hotel on the beach and the room was 2x as much as the Sandpeddler. would definitely stay there again. .

Room Tip: We stayed in unit 107 and it was fine - understand each unit is individually owned and so one may no...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed at the Sandpeddler Aug. 25-29. My husband and I took this vacation with my parents. It was perfect for us. We gave my parents the bedroom and we slept on the pull out couch. It was a very thin mattress but we were fine sleeping on it for four nights. The location of the Sandpeddler is great. It is right in front of the Oceanic. To get to the beach you just have a very short walk across the street. Our view was wonderful. I loved watching all the surfers catch the waves. We stayed in unit 305. It had a larger balcony since it was a corner room. It also had more windows. The unit itself was very outdated but the front desk worker had no problem assisting us when needed. Our first morning we were unable to get the stove to light but he came right up and fixed the problem. He was also very nice, allowing us to keep our chairs in the storage room. Also on the night we planned to go to the Oceanic it was raining. He offered his very own umbrella for us to use on our walk over there! Overall, I would go back here. The price was great for what we got. If you are looking for an affordable place to stay with ocean views, a pool, and a kitchenette, you can't go wrong here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tara1979
Reviewed August 23, 2012

If you're looking for something a little less expensive yet close to the ocean at Wrightsville Beach, then consider the Sandpeddler. You can leave your room, walk across the two lane street, and be on the beach in about three minutes. There's a public access point to the beach right across the street. Our family of four found our unit to be clean and failry comfortable. One daughter slept on the pull-out sofa, the other on an air mattress we brought from home. The small refrigerator and microwave oven came in handy. It's not a fancy place with loads of amenities, but it's great for a low-frills stay at the beach. We'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Since the Sandpeddler does not sit on the beach, a third-floor room will provide the best view of th...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We have been enjoying visits for a number of years at the Sandpeddler. This year was such a disappointment. Our family stayed in unit 304 on the suggestion of the front desk personnel over the phone when we were making our reservation. The unit has not been kept up, the toilet seat was disgusting and we were told the owner has been advised but has not corrected or taken the initiative to ensure their home was kept well for visitors. The futon was broken, weak and with a thin mattress that was not sleepable and the window treatments were tattered, torn and unreasonable to open or close. If we were owners, we would be embarrassed taking money from families and allowing them to stay in this unit.
The cleaning staff graciously helped in our accomodations and we feel blessed and grateful for their care.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mary S
Taphne T, General Manager at Sandpeddler Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

I apologize for your disappointment in your August 2012 stay at the Sandpeddler....I am the new manager as of the first of December and I am currently working to update and improve all aspects of the Sandpeddler....

Reviewed June 28, 2012

This was our first stay in Wrightsville Beach. While our UNCW bound daughter attended her two day orientation, we decided to stay at the beach with our four year old son. I booked this place site unseen and could not be more pleased!! The location is excellent - the "South End" was quiet and serene. Love the surf shop next door. At night, the surfers would gather and discuss the day's waves. Very cool. The staff was extemely helpful and friendly and the location was perfect - right across from the beach with a balcony view. The room was spacious and very clean. We were on the second floor above the pool - and if I had one complaint (which I really do not) it would be that you get noise from the pool at night when kids are swimming. This was only a slight concern putting my son to bed on the pull out. BUT he was so tired after a day of sun and fun that the noise barely bothered him. We plan to book our next weekend trip to visit my daughter in Wilmington - and stay at the Sandpeddler!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite end of the pool if you are concerned about night time noise from spla...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank CCanadian
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We have stayed there a few times most recently this week. Room #305 is especially nice with more windows. Staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are large and spacious and you have everything you need! Across the non busy road is the beach and the Oceanic which is great for dining.

Room Tip: #305 has great views.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
SpringHill Suites Wilmington Mayfaire
Blockade Runner Beach Resort
Blockade Runner Beach Resort
#1 of 9 in Wrightsville Beach

Been to Sandpeddler Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!