“Prime Stuff”

Cuisines: Seafood
Greenville, North Carolina
“Prime Stuff”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Excellent tuna & salmon. Great soft-shell crab! Excellent soups. good service. friendly folk. don't miss the market next door. lump crab? Weak key lime pie

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy yummy yummy!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I heard it was opening and couldnt wait. So I loaded up my family of 6 and off we went. My cajun frog legs were delicious. They even have their own signature sauce. The wine selection was fantastic & all priced the same. My husband had the signature beer & said it was also good. My kids ordered the grilled cheese sandwich and it was such a big portion, it became lunch the next day.Dingbatters makes their own fried fresh so dont expect huge ones, they were hot & fresh, not prepackaged like other places serve. They are also skinny & delicious. Their slaw is ok. I prefer salads so they let me substitue it for more hushpuppies. My oldest ordered the crab cluster & to our surprise they brought him a bib, melted butter, a small fork & a blue cracker thing. He was in heaven! My stuffed flounder was delicious and i even rangled a mussel from my huabands huge steamed oyster pot. An actual pot! It was a bit hot inside but one of the owners came out,appoligized & said itll be fixed shortly. However, i think I was hot from the hot sauce I dipped the mussel in. They do have a Dingbatters cocktail sauce but being i dont like horseradish, i gave it to my husband, whom devored it! We also tried both their desserts. Key lime pie & banana pudding. I cant wait to go have more! They take cash or card so that made it easier. Their website had said cash but upon opening it up tonight i saw the card option. I think next time we'll try the steamed oysters. My husband is thinking of getting the shuck at your own risk but im going to let them do it. Its really exciting to have a great seafood place now. It puts the others to shame! Job well done Dingabtters, we WILL be back!

1 Thank purplepirategold
“Best seafood place int town!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I had a wonderful experience, the waitstaff was very welcoming, and the food was fresh, not frozen. I would suggest Dingbatters any day of the week. Their key lime pie is delicious. Remember though to getyou fresh seafood it is a little more expensive, but well worth it!!!

• Visited September 2013
“Really nice people... food was not.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Food was not good - prices were too much and who serves cold french fries - and brings out oysters for an 84 year old lady to shuck herself... They didn't even have the condiments to go with it - such as crackers and horseradish with a little hot sauce. When asked about it they did find crackers and hot sauce--- but seriously --- NO horseradish? Food was NOT good - and even though the people there are super nice - they need to do some serious re-thinking and get some help in there to save them - because they won't make it on what we all ate. YUCK! and the prices are TOO steep for what you get and the fact they are CASH ONLY... seriously?

2 Thank NanCee_Here
Greenville, Nc
“I feel like a Dingbat after eating here.”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is a new restaurant on the Winterville/Greenville line billing itself as a casual seafood restaurant. If casual means outrageous prices for crappy food, then Dingbatters is right on target. But let's not even start with seafood. Lets start with my daughters 13 dollar Angus burger...it was a decent burger but the fries looked like de-thawed earthworms and were cold and soggy...13 dollars for that?
Seafood rule number 1 in the south: fried seafood always, always, always comes with fries and slaw! Guess again!! No fries with the entrees. My son had the shrimp plate and I had shrimp and oysters. The shrimp were so small that sea monkeys would have laughed at them and the oysters were small and gritty...I swear there were little pieces of shell in the fried oysters...unbelievable...shrimp plate was 14.99 and my double was $18... No fries included. Plus they skimped on the cocktail and tarter sauce. The hush puppies were at least warm but no butter was served with them.
My wife had the stuffed flounder and it was ok but another small portion for around 16 bucks. Probably the best thing at Dingbatters was their own brand of draft beer, which isn't saying a whole lot. Topping the night off was the fact that it was super hot in the restaurant the whole time we were there.
All in all a horrible dining experience that cost wayyyy too much...I give this joint 4 months unless major changes are made. Would've been better off at Long John Silvers!

4 Thank cruedaddy