“Horrible experience”

Comfort Inn Winterville
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Winterville
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Our room was disgusting! My husband and our two little boys were given a non-smoking room that reeked of smoke. As if that wasn't bad enough for my 5 year old with asthma, the comforter on one of the queen beds was covered in more than 5 stains....gross! I went to the front desk to report the comforter and she offered to give me another one....she walked it around the corner of the front desk and handed it to me so I could change the bed myself! Luckily, the new one didn't have stains....only several cigarette burns. After changing out the comforters, I went to the bathroom to wash my hands where I found a dead bug on the counter. We spent the night listening to partiers having a great time and slamming doors until 3 am. We stay at Choice Hotels regularly as my son has surgery in Chicago every three months and we drive there from NC. We will NOT stay at this one again, that's for sure! When I reported the awful night to the front desk in the morning, she assured me she would talk to her manager when he arrived to work that morning, saying that he would give me a call and he would probably comp the room. It's been 4 days and I have yet to hear from them.....and the $80 was charged to my credit card.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
gm_nc043, Manager at Comfort Inn Winterville, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

We are sorry for your unsatisfactory stay here.We strive to make our guest comfortable and leave happy.But unfortunately because of another group making noise,you were not able to sleep well.
We will correct that issue in future.We also assure you and all our guest to have a peacefull nights and memorable stay.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Winterville

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I highly recommend that if you are looking for friendly atmosphere and friendly staff then this is the hotel for you. I throughly enjoyed my stay there and the bed was so inviting that I hated to leave the room itself. Everything was so neat and clean that I felt like they really took the time to make sure that everything would be just as you would expect when you arrived. Believe me if I could have moved in there I would have a long time ago. I will be making the Comfort Inn one of my first stops when I am looking for the great escape from everyday hassels.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor have less noise.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Our room was a "non-smoking" room, but it hasn't always been that way! The room reeked of smoke, especially the bathroom. Needed to update everything once they changed it to a non smoking room. My daughter woke up with a cold, sore throat & very stuffy and begged us to move to a different hotel. We were the only team there for a soccer tournament and every day we went down for breakfast they had very limited choices and ran out of popular choices. No bananas or red apples. Ended up going to restaurants for breakfast every morning. I will say it is in a good location, with many restaurant/food options nearby. Also, I'm guessing the plumbing needs updating as well. Several families reported their toilets weren't working properly.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cve73
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I can highly recommend this beautiful Comfort Inn motel whose friendly and professional staff welcome you, make you feel right at home, and tend to your every need to assure your stay is both restful and enjoyable. Recent renovations are a plus ! Each time I have found my room to be well-appointed, always clean and fresh smelling, and the bed and pillows are oh sooo comfortabl !! A real plus is that since all rooms are entered from interior halls, it's a perfect motel for folks traveling alone.

I've stayed here off and on now for over two years in my travels to Greenville, NC, for medical treatment, and I always look forward to the front desk smile and the warm "welcome back !"

Many thanks to you, Sudhir Patel and staff !! :-)
KJC

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a flat screen TV... and for a room close to the lobby. The smell of coffee in th...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Vicki R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Winterville, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

1. We love repeat guests!!!! Thank you for the great words about the hotel. When a guest comes back by choice we know we are doing it right. There are so many options today it really is about comfort and how you are treated. Our team is great and they enjoy what they do, that makes it easier.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

200 character minimum is too much! I sayed one night for business and everything was fine. The room, t.v., and bathroom was fine. Plenty of places to go to and eat in the area. The staff was very friendly and checked to make sure the room was okay and if I needed anything. The lady at check out was very friendly and did a very good job! I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Comfort, Quality and Price, have to be three of the most important things when traveling and THANK YOU for noticing we provide them all. It is so great to hear when a guest is happy and enjoyed the stay. I will share your comments with the team and we hope if you are in the area we will visit us again. Thank you for sharing.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Checked in around 7 pm. Girl at the desk mumbles so you could hardly hear her. When we went to our room it was propped open with a towel. Went back and told girl at the desk and she finally said oh yea housekeeping was in there letting it air out but I will walk you back down but I asked her why it was being aired out and she said because it had a bad smell. I told her that we did not want to stay in that room if it smelled bad so she gave us a handicapped room which was not worth what we paid. Oh and when we left the door was still propped open with the windows raised in that room. Never again .

• Stayed: November 2012
Vicki R, Manager at Comfort Inn Winterville, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

On behalf of our entire staff at Comfort Inn Winterville we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed the problems you faced with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to improve the way we respond to guest. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

Best Regards,

Sudhir Patel

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel quite often over many years since we have family and friends in the area. We've watched it continuously doing things year after year to make our stay more comfortable and pleasant. The recent renovations were all well done and pleasing to the eye. A needed elevator has been added. As always, the beds are extremely comfortable with many pillow choices. The staff are friendly and courteous. Years ago we tried another hotel in the area, but were not pleased at all. Now we always come back to this one and feel "right at home."

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 948Elizabeth

We love repeat guests !!!! Thank you for the great words about the hotel. When a guest comes back by choice we know we are doing it right. There are so many options today it really is about comfort and how you are treated. Our team is great and they enjoy what they do, that makes it easier.

Thanks Again,

Sudhir Patel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Winterville
Baymont Inn & Suites Greenville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Greenville/University Med
Wingate by Wyndham Greenville
Wingate by Wyndham Greenville
#18 of 22 in Greenville

Been to Comfort Inn Winterville? Share your experiences!